The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
Fuel switch in industry
Fuel switch in industry
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:VietnamRelation to CTCN:Network MemberTA proponent
Vietnam Cleaner Production Centre (VNCPC) is a Public Service Limited Liability Company established in 1998 with the mission to bring added values to clients through advanced scientific and technological services to contribute to the promotion of sustainable production and consumption. VNCPC plays a focal role in Vietnam for disseminating the “Cleaner Production” (CP) concept and promoting its adoption into the industry of Vietnam.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerTA proponent
IIGE is a research institute that promotes development, innovation and transmission of technology focused on energy efficiency and renewable energy. The institute aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the Ecuadorian society, through the implementation of energy efficient and energy renewable policies and projects.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
The Global Environment Centre Foundation (GEC) is an entity that supports the UNEP’s International Environmental Technology Centre (IETC), based in Japan. GEC is dedicated to the transfer of environmentally sound technologies, in both developing countries and countries with economies in transition. The foundation aims to contribute to Japan’s international efforts on the environment, sharing project collaborations as well as promoting Japan’s rich conservation knowledge and experience in developing nations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The KPMG network employs 600 dedicated CC&S professionals located in more than 60 countries, including emerging economies and developing countries. This presents accumulated experiences and strong global presence built upon the extensive network of KPMG with key players from public and private sector in the areas of climate change and international development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
CAIA Ingeniería S.A.S was registered in 2005 with the purpose of improving the environmental performance of its clients. Initially dedicated exclusively to consultancy and assessment, CAIA has evolved to incorporate more complete services, such as management of tax incentives and execution of energy efficiency projects to companies and national and sub-national decision-makers in Colombia.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
AER, a French company based in Chevilly-Larue close Paris, is an Energy & Environmental consulting and engineering expert. The technical know-how of AER is about energy efficiency, feasibility studies of installations and evaluation of projects. AER has a global approach to circular economy and energy autonomy solutions: Energy synergies of processes like methanisation, gasification, cogeneration, renewable energy, electrolysis, methanation, network injection and/or mobility.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green House is a sustainability consulting firm with experience working on energy, climate change and sustainability-related projects including climate policy development, strategic energy and climate planning, technology assessment, emissions modelling, and life cycle assessment. The Green House has experience in sectors including electricity supply, urban systems, transport, bioenergy, biofuels, industry, commerce, agriculture, food, retail, municipal waste management, mining and minerals.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
Accounting for 37 per cent of global final energy consumption in 2014, the worldwide industrial sector consumes more energy than any other end-use sector, with China and India having the largest shares in that consumption. Energy is needed for a number of technologies and industrial processes. Nevertheless, the resulting greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced through the application of different energy and material efficiency measures, thereby offering great energy and cost saving potential.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PortugalRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Atlaspower is a company established in 2013 by Vitor Ribeiro, after 30 years working on the power, environmental and chemical recovery sectors of the Portuguese and Spanish pulp and paper heavy industry. Atlaspower's main targets are:
1. The development of power and energy efficiency projects, acting as IPP and/or ESCO, according to the circumstances, initially in the Iberian market, and specifically in Portugal, but the soonest extending this activity to Africa, beginning with Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau and São Tomé e Principe; and