ESSA is an international environmental consulting firm with over 37 years of experience in resolving complex natural resource and environmental management problems.
Early Warning Systems Communication
Early Warning Systems Communication
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Approach:
This issue of ICT Update looks at a few pioneering activities African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries are engaged in to mitigate and adapt to climte change.The lead article is entitled: ’Coping with climate change’, which looks at the impacts of climate change on the mangroves of American Somoa, identifying priority areas in which local capacities need to be enhanced.Three other articles are featured:Hurricanes and Hams: Discusses the role of ameteur radio can play in offering the people of Jamaica effective communication in both the lead-up and aftermath of a hurricaneDakoro Calling
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
IRD - Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (Research Institute for Development) - is a research organization based in France that is working with its partners in the South to address international development issues. Improving health, understanding social changes, and protecting the environment are the main pillars of its work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). IRD work includes interdisciplinary scientific research, capacity building and nurturing innovation in more than fifty countries worldwide.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIMA Foundation is a no profit organization promoting and supporting scientific research, technological development and training within fields of Civil Protection, DRR, CCA and Biodiversity. CIMA is Competence Center of the Italian National Civil Protection System and research, innovation and higher education institution recognized by Regional law.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Hydroc is active in Water resources management and disaster risk reduction research and consultancy with a specific focus on climate change induced risks in developing countries. Activities include climate downscaling, climate change impact assessment, the development of adaptation and mitigation options, climate smart development options and climate mainstreaming considering sector overarching and holistic approaches related to water.