CCDB has been working to create a society where the poor, marginalized and vulnerable people can claim and enjoy human rights and justice for a sustainable livelihood with dignity since 1973. To meet the challenges of dynamic environments and development, CCDB has been implementing different programs including dedicated projects on climate change
Crop diversification and new varieties
Crop diversification and new varieties
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BangladeshRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is a research and academic type of an institution established in 1975 with the mission to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. It provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. It is a research centre of the CGIAR Consortium, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NicaraguaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Nitlapan UCA's mission is to promote models of inclusive development by non-financial services and interventions in the value chain and better governance of land and natural resources. Nitlapan UCA has expertise in the combination of innovation processes, research, academic and vocational training. Nitlapan UCA contributes to overcoming poverty, marginalization and social exclusion through critical and own thinking on development processes.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
National Council for Climate Change Sustainable Development and Public Leadership (NCCSD) acts as an apex organization at the national level disseminating information and technology that will enable appropriate action and suggest policy frameworks to tackle impacts of global warming and climate change. NCCSD consolidates existing learning into a well-structured body of knowledge that can communicate suitable adaptation practices in order to strengthen locally relevant action for sustainable development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
IFDC, established in the USA in October 1974, is known for its expertise in soil fertility management, fertilizers and agriculture and agribusiness that service developing countries. In 1977 under the United States of America’s Presidential Executive Order No. 11977 of March 14, IFDC was declared as a public international organization (PIO).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
SEED Kolkata was registered in 1996 as a Society under W B Societies’ Registration Act, 1961. It is an implementing NGO working in coastal India on climate adaptation and education in collaboration with other agencies. Equality, Education, Empowerment and Environment are the four pillars of SEED Kolkata. Since its establishment, SEED Kolkata has been working for development and empowerment of marginalized peoples who are the major climate victims.