Idom is an international multidisciplinary firm working with independent professional services in the fields of engineering, consulting and architecture with over 3,000 professionals, located in 40 permanent offices distributed in over 28 countries. Idom's capabilities include engineering and consultancy services from concept design to decommission in climate relevant fields such as renewable and alternative energy, water and waste. The team of Idom aims at carbon accounting related projects and climate change adaptation and mitigation strategies.
Climate scenario development
Climate scenario development
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Wildlife Conservation Society is a global non-profit organization with over 120 years of experience in biodiversity conservation. WCS team have expertise on technology solutions like climate scenarios projection for biodiversity adaptation,mitigate emissions of forest carbon, guide climate-smart development planning, and develop solutions that create social and economic resilience to climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
GRID-Arendal is a Norwegian foundation that supports the United Nations Environment Programme. It is a centre of excellence for the scientific analysis of environmental issues in many areas including environmental assessments, ocean issues and polar regions.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Efficacitas Consulting was founded in 1994 with the mission to work for sustainable resource management throughout Latin America, providing consulting services in energy, environment and sustainable development. Efficacitas fulfils its mission with professional competence and ethics by providing technical assistance, driven by excellence and innovation, to companies, governmental and nongovernmental organizations involved in natural resource management and conservation.
- Type:NewsPublication date:Objective:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
The Climate Technology Centre is seeking proposals for the technologies for the design of a regional strategic plan for the coastal management and adaptation to climate change in the province of Buenos Aires.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Pöyry Austria GmbH, a member of the global Pöyry Group, is a consulting and engineering company with deep expertise with extensive local knowledge to deliver sustainable project investments. For instance, its Hydro Consulting department delivers services in the fields of hydrological and hydraulic modellingand forecasting. Its experts have significant experience in the fields of hydro-meteorology, climate change and climate sensitivity. They also contribute to assess climate risk and ctimate adaptation measures for hydropower and all other sectors of water management.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IrelandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a flagship Institute for Environmental, Marine and Energy research in Ireland. The ERI has over 300 researchers working in interdisciplinary and currently has 45 live research projects focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and understanding. Focus areas include energy modelling, marine renewables, biofuels, energy efficiency, climate adaptation platforms, modelling greenhouse gas fluxes, atmospheric chemistry and carbon liabilities.