Founded in 1976, GRET is an international NGO under French law that brings together development professionals. It acts from the field to the political level to fight against poverty and inequality by providing sustainable and innovative responses for the development of the soil. Active in 28 countries in 2019, GRET has 14 permanent offices, mainly in Asia and Africa.
Capacity building and training
Capacity building and training
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:MexicoRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CAPSUS is an international mission-oriented consulting firm specialized in empowering best practices in sustainability, resilience and energy efficiency by merging evidence-based knowledge with technology. CAPSUS services include policy design and assessment tools related to climate change adaptation and mitigation, air quality, energy efficiency and generation, housing, urban development, waste and water management, and participatory and capacity building platforms related to these areas.
NDE Invitation: Training on Emerging Digital Technologies for Climate Policy Implementation (25 August deadline)Type:NewsPublication date:Objective:
Application deadline: 25 August
The UN Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) invites its National Designated Entities (NDEs) or one of its nominees to attend a five-week interactive online course focusing on blockchain solutions and other emerging technologies for global climate action. The course will take place from end of September to end of October 2021 and is organized together with the Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:MexicoRelation to CTCN:Network Member
WRI Mexico is one of two Latin American offices of WRI, a global research organization, committed to providing high quality information and knowledge products. WRI México focuses on five topics: climate, cities, forests, energy, and the ocean and works with federal and local governments and the private sector to increase climate ambition in Mexico.
- Type:EventDate:Monday, May 22, 2017 - Tuesday, May 23, 2017 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Denmark
In order to strengthen the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism and support the implementation of the Paris Agreement, decision 1/CP.21, paragraph 66 requests the Technology Executive Committee and the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) to undertake further work relating to, inter alia:
- Technology research, development and demonstration;
- The development and enhancement of endogenous capacities and technologies.
The objectives of the Scoping Workshop were to:
CTCN/UN Environment Webinar. Trade in Environmentally Sound Technologies: Implications for Developing CountriesType:WebinarDate and time:Thursday, August 29, 2019 - Thursday, August 29, 2019 Europe/CopenhagenOrganiser:
The 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement provide impetus for development, innovation and trade of Environmentally Sound Technologies (ESTs), which can serve to address pollution and climate change while creating new economic opportunities, jobs and social benefits.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Costa RicaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
INCAE Business School is a private, non-profit, multinational, higher education organization devoted to teaching and research endeavors in the fields of business and economics since 1964. With more than 50 years of experience in Latin America, INCAE has graduated 79 full-time MBA programs and 69 Executive MBA programs.
FUNDACIÓN CENTRO INTERNACIONAL DE INVESTIGACIÓN CIENTÍFICA Y CREACIÓN EN TECNOLOGÍAS DE LA INFORMACIÓN Y LAS COMUNICACIONESType:OrganisationCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CITIC is a for-profit Foundation that since 2004 is determined to create important changes to achieve a more sustainable, creative and inclusive world through research, knowledge, the arts, and the proper use of technologies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EgyptRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is an intergovernmental organization with diplomatic status that aims to enable and increase the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency practices across pan-Arab countries. RCREEE is the official technical arm institution of both League of Arab State – Energy Department and Arab Ministerial Council for Electricity (AMCE).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects