Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
In industrial chemistry, black liquor is the waste product from the kraft process when digesting pulpwood into paper pulp removing lignin, hemicelluloses and other extractives from the wood to free the cellulose fibers.The equivalent material in the sulfite process is usually called brown liquor, but the terms red liquor, thick liquor and sulfite liquor are also used.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerTA proponent
IIGE is a research institute that promotes development, innovation and transmission of technology focused on energy efficiency and renewable energy. The institute aims to contribute to the sustainable development of the Ecuadorian society, through the implementation of energy efficient and energy renewable policies and projects.
The device that is simple cheap and effective. The self contained chemical toilet automatically separates solid and liquid waste into different compartments. Instead of flushing the toilet a chemical process is starting which converts the solid waste including toilet paper into sterile ash in less than a minute. The liquids are being sterilized and recycled.
- Type:NewsPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
The CTCN is collaborating with the Government of Congo on a feasibility study for the creation of a centre to monitor health and environmental risks in Pointe-Noire and possibly encompassing other countries in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Type:EventDate:Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - Friday, October 30, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Barbados
Black liquor gasification is an emerging commercial technology founded on decades of research and development. Its goal is to produce a combustible mixture of raw gases as well as separate out the inorganic pulping chemicals for recycling for the pulping process. The processes can take place at low, 600 degrees Celsius, or high temperatures around 1000 degrees Celsius.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PortugalRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Atlaspower is a company established in 2013 by Vitor Ribeiro, after 30 years working on the power, environmental and chemical recovery sectors of the Portuguese and Spanish pulp and paper heavy industry. Atlaspower's main targets are:
1. The development of power and energy efficiency projects, acting as IPP and/or ESCO, according to the circumstances, initially in the Iberian market, and specifically in Portugal, but the soonest extending this activity to Africa, beginning with Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau and São Tomé e Principe; and
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
L’industrialisation des pays en voie de développement engendre l’augmentation des déchets liquides que sont les huiles de vidange, tout en se heurtant au problème de déficit énergétique. D’autre part, elle s’accompagne d’une forte croissance démographique qui accentue et augmente la quantité de déchets, particulièrement les déchets ménagers solides. Ce qui constitue une réelle menace pour l’environnement et les populations.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
The goal of this project is to develop a web-based tool for small and medium-sized farms to be able to estimate potential renewable energy MWh and GHG reduction and costs for adding biodigestors to produce biogas for fuel and to reduce environmental impact from disposal of untreated liquid wastes.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Tofu and tempe are fundamental to the Indonesian diet. Demand for these products is served by an industry of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) employing 285000 workers in 85000 businesses. Production practices are extremely energy inefficient and environmentally damaging. Enterprises use firewood resulting in a per-factory emissions average of 450 tons CO2/year and sector-wide emissions of 30 million tons.