National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
IRD - Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (Research Institute for Development) - is a research organization based in France that is working with its partners in the South to address international development issues. Improving health, understanding social changes, and protecting the environment are the main pillars of its work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). IRD work includes interdisciplinary scientific research, capacity building and nurturing innovation in more than fifty countries worldwide.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Burleson Institute focuses on environmentally sound technology as a bridge to climate cooperation and sustainability. Through technical assistance, intentional learning networks, and educational outreach, we are building a culture of best practice sharing and innovation where stakeholders are equal partners, working together toward substantive and procedural good governance.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is a research and academic type of an institution established in 1975 with the mission to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. It provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. It is a research centre of the CGIAR Consortium, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Hydraulics Foundation (IHCantabria) is a research and academic, public sector not for profit organization. The Environmental Hydraulics Institute "IH Cantabria" is a joint research centre that carries out research, knowledge transfer and training of specialists in the fields of fresh and saltwater. At IH Cantabria there are over 140 researchers and the centre has over thirty years of experience.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
This report synthesizes climate change governance issues in Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe. Case studies assessed vulnerabilities to climate change; climate change adaptation policies, plans and strategies, and their genesis and relation to the state of national knowledge on vulnerability; the institutional actors involved in climate change policy and responses; public awareness of climate change; and the role of state and non-state actors in international climate change negotiations.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
This report has been published by Food and Agricultural Organisation, complied with papers presented in workshop organized by FAO/OECD. It addresses the different agro-ecological and socio-economical issues nationally and internationally in agricultural sector. It provides insights of building resilience to climate change impacts from different angles through risk management strategies, national policies and so on. Thus, it is highly recommended for the stake-holders who directly and indirectly involved in adapting most efficient ways for reducing vulnerability risk in agri-sector.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green Technology Center (GTC) is a government affiliated research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) that provides national green technology R&D policies and coordinates related domestic/international organizations to support sustainable development of other countries based on green/climate change technologies. GTC serves as Korea’s gateway for global green technology cooperation, as it connects developed and developing countries for growth and diffusion of green technology and strategies.