National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
REEEP serves as a funder, information provider and connector for up-scaling clean energy business models in developing countries and emerging markets. REEEP's International Secretariat is based in Vienna, Austria, with Regional Secretariats in East Asia, Latin America, Caribbean, South Asia and Southern Africa and a West Africa focal point.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIAT is an international center for tropical agriculture, based in Colombia, with the mission to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics. The Center collaborates with a wide number of partners to facilitate high-quality research, aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture and stimulate the development of the specific region.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network Member
IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme (IEAGHG) is an international research body established in 1991, evaluating technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the use of fossil fuels, with a focus on carbon dioxide capture and storage (CCS). The wide range of activities undertaken by IEAGHG covers the whole range of issues and topics for the full CCS chain, from capture to storage, including technical and non-technical topics.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Austrian Energy Agency is a research and academic, non-governmental, not for profit organization, established in 1977. The Austrian Energy Agency prepares the ground for decisions in politics, public administration and the industry with detailed research and by highlighting important dependencies and connections between topics. It also provides information for all target groups in our society on the backgrounds and developments in the field of energy production and use.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network Member
NEDO is a public sector organization established in 1980 with mission to address energy & global environmental problems, and enhancing industrial technology. NEDO aims to address energy problems and raise the level of industrial technology through integrated management of technology development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Since its inception in 2002, CENER, the National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain, has aimed at a two-fold purpose: to favour the competitiveness level of companies in the renewable energy sector, satisfying their R&D needs, while at the same time, fostering the Technological and Commercial Development of Renewable Energies.