National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
ECO Consult Sepp & Busacker Partnerschaft was founded in the year of the UN Rio Summit in 1992. ECO, offers integrated advisory services for developing countries and countries in transition. ECO is among Germany’s leading international consultants to offer independent technical advise for sustainable development in the environment and social sectors, particularly in the fields of REDD+ and wood energy, along the value-chain from the production to the end-users, including innovative stove and carbonization technologies.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Active since 2001, the Energy and Environment Group of G+H is one of the leading European based consultancy firms providing innovative and tailor-made advisory services and solutions in the board fields of Climate Change, Development, Energy & Environment, and Sustainability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIAT is an international center for tropical agriculture, based in Colombia, with the mission to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics. The Center collaborates with a wide number of partners to facilitate high-quality research, aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture and stimulate the development of the specific region.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
IRD - Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (Research Institute for Development) - is a research organization based in France that is working with its partners in the South to address international development issues. Improving health, understanding social changes, and protecting the environment are the main pillars of its work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). IRD work includes interdisciplinary scientific research, capacity building and nurturing innovation in more than fifty countries worldwide.