National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:KenyaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Carbon Africa’s mission is to catalyze climate action in Africa by providing policy, programme and project advisory services to public and private actors, with a focus on making things happen on the ground. The company offers services in project development, access to climate finance and impact monitoring, underpinned by efforts to support the enabling environment and build capacity. Carbon Africa is headquartered in Kenya with representation in Ethiopia, Mozambique and Rwanda.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
REEEP serves as a funder, information provider and connector for up-scaling clean energy business models in developing countries and emerging markets. REEEP's International Secretariat is based in Vienna, Austria, with Regional Secretariats in East Asia, Latin America, Caribbean, South Asia and Southern Africa and a West Africa focal point.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIAT is an international center for tropical agriculture, based in Colombia, with the mission to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics. The Center collaborates with a wide number of partners to facilitate high-quality research, aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture and stimulate the development of the specific region.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Caspervandertak Consulting (CVDTC) was established in 2004 and has since then been active in climate change mitigation. CVDTC’s main focus is on the development of greenhouse gas emission reduction projects and programs. It manages a substantial range of carbon offset projects such as CDM and VER projects and to date has developed or assisted in the development of more than 160 CDM projects; moreover, it is active in the field of NAMA formulation. In addition, CVDTC helps low carbon technology owners market their technologies, and match potential users with the right technology suppliers.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.