National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ColombiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIAT is an international center for tropical agriculture, based in Colombia, with the mission to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics. The Center collaborates with a wide number of partners to facilitate high-quality research, aimed at increasing the eco-efficiency of agriculture and stimulate the development of the specific region.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Active since 2001, the Energy and Environment Group of G+H is one of the leading European based consultancy firms providing innovative and tailor-made advisory services and solutions in the board fields of Climate Change, Development, Energy & Environment, and Sustainability.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Alterra is part of Stichting DLO. It is a private sector, research and academic not for profit institution. Alterra offers a combination of practical, innovative and interdisciplinary scientific research across many disciplines related to the green world around us and the sustainable use of our living environment. Aspects of our environment that Alterra focuses on include soil, water, the atmosphere, the landscape and biodiversity ‒ on a global scale as well as regionally.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Econoler is a private sector consulting firm established in 1981 with the mission to provide quality energy efficiency and renewable energy professional services while respecting sustainable development principles. Econoler is specialized in energy efficiency and has more than 30 years of experience in this specific field of expertise.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is a research and academic type of an institution established in 1975 with the mission to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. It provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. It is a research centre of the CGIAR Consortium, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Ali-Douglas Research Network is a non-profit, social science research network that aims at promoting information creation and sharing amongst Southern African institutions. The vision of the network is to be a leader in knowledge creation for social transformation. The network provides platform for researchers to interact and share ideas thereby building on social capital. This platform allows for unified efforts in the creation and dissemination of quality information for the benefit of society.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NigeriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
EY is one of the world’s leading professional services organizations. Through our global network of 728 offices in 150 countries comprising more than 276,000 staff, we are united by a single operating structure and a common culture of innovation and knowledge sharing. We provide focused teams who are dedicated to meeting our client’s needs through the seamless combinations of skills relevant to each assignment.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Pegasys Institute is not-for-profit organisation that does research, advocacy, policy and strategy development in the areas of low carbon energy, water, and climate change adaptation, with a strong focus on gender equality and poverty eradication. Pegasys Institute works in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a particular focus on southern and eastern Africa. Pegasys Institute aims at practical solutions that work optimally within the context of financial and technical resource constraints of African countries.