National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Adverio is a network company specialised in Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management (EPCM) of bio-based product and energy production facilities (Waste to Energy and Waste to Raw Material). Rooted in project development, design, engineering, construction and project management, Adverio offers leading edge know-how and skills to customers throughout the world.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green Technology Center (GTC) is a government affiliated research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) that provides national green technology R&D policies and coordinates related domestic/international organizations to support sustainable development of other countries based on green/climate change technologies. GTC serves as Korea’s gateway for global green technology cooperation, as it connects developed and developing countries for growth and diffusion of green technology and strategies.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:PhilippinesRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:PakistanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
LEAD Pakistan is a premier and an internationally recognized non‐profit organization, working to create and sustain a global network of leaders committed to promote change towards patterns of economic development that are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable. LEAD Pakistan’s mission is to create, strengthen and support networks of people and institutions.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
INDO-European Research Facilities for Studies on MARine Ecosystem and CLIMate in India (INDO-MARECLIM) was the first India-EU joint research initiative under the 7th Framework programme of EU co-ordinated by NERCI. The overall objective of INDO-MARECLIM was to use and extend the research infrastructure at Nansen Environmental Research Centre India (NERCI) in order to strengthen scientific cooperation within climate and marine scientific cooperation between scientists and students from India and Europe.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
Due to shift in the average patterns of weather, climate change became one of the significant development challenges. Hydropower is currently being utilized in more than 150 countries, including 11,000 stations with 27,000 generating units. Increasing attention has been paid to hydropower generation in recent years, because it is renewable energy. Temperature and precipitation effects from global climate change could alter future hydrologic conditions in Iraq and, as a result, future hydropower generation. This is also valid for the Middle East and Iraq.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CARBONIUM is a climate finance advisory company specialised in sustainable development and climate finance since 2004. The main areas of expertise are the following: project design/formulation, economic analysis (macroeconomic and project based), market studies, project evaluation, national strategies (NDCs, etc.), climate diplomacy, trainings, advisory services for accreditation to the GCF. The company has experience in:
• renewable energies
• energy efficiency
• adaptation to climate change
• disaster risk reduction