National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
ACCIONA Ingeniería is the engineering firm of ACCIONA Business Group, one of the leading Spanish companies trading on the IBEX 35. With a history spanning more than a century, ACCIONA is mainly involved in renewable energy, infrastructure, water, and services. Its strategy is based on two concepts: sustainability and social well-being as the cornerstones of economic growth, environmental balance and social progress.
ACCIONA Ingeniería brings more than 60 years of leadership in the civil, industrial and environmental engineering sectors as well as in several architectural fields.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The KPMG network employs 600 dedicated CC&S professionals located in more than 60 countries, including emerging economies and developing countries. This presents accumulated experiences and strong global presence built upon the extensive network of KPMG with key players from public and private sector in the areas of climate change and international development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
South–South cooperation and triangular cooperation on technologies for adaptation in the water and agriculture sectorsType:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
Adapting water management and agricultural practices to climate variability is essential and requires integrated responses. This brief explores how countries can harness south-south and triangular cooperation for accelerating the exchange of adaptation technologies, knowledge and practices in the water and agriculture sectors. It also highlights challenges, best practices, lessons learned, and the roles of stakeholders in replicating and transferring such technologies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:New ZealandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CLIMsystems Ltd provides software tools, consultancy services and data/knowledge for the assessment, management and reduction of climatic risks, under both current climate variability and future change. The geographic scope of its operations is global. The sectoral applications of CLIMsystems’ products and services include asset risk management, engineering and architectural design, academic research and education, supply chain analysis, regional and national planning, water resource and waste-water management, agricultural development and disaster risk reduction.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
GHGMI educates professionals on GHG accounting, auditing and management; trains professionals to meet the highest standards of expertise and ethical conduct; and conducts forward-looking research into critical GHG measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) issues. GHGMI offers online courses, as well as workshops, courses and institutional academic partnerships. GHGMI's programing equips learners in all countries with the knowledge to succeed in reporting under the Paris Agreement.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.