National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
DAI Global LLC (DAI) has worked in more than 150 countries, implementing over 2,000 projects and delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict. DAI works for fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. The wide range of clients of DAI includes national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GreeceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
LDK Consultants has been providing business and governments with specialist advice and consulting services since 1968. LDK operates worldwide from its offices in Greece, Romania, Cyprus, Belgium, Serbia and Kenya offering consultancy and engineering services to clients in over 70 countries. Services on climate change mitigation include energy efficiency policy and regulation, strategic planning, design and implementation of EE investments as well as integrated consultancy services concerning all stages of RES projects development.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
This report provides an overview of and reflections by the core DNV GL team on the work undertaken as part of the multi-year strategic partnership between DNV GL and the CTCN. It provides lessons learned by the team and recommendations and ideas for future consideration by the CTCN going forward.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
UNIQUE is a German consulting company that provides expert services and advice on forest management and sustainable land use sector, focusing on forestry, timber industries, agriculture and rural development. UNIQUE provides comprehensive support in addressing technical, political and economic challenges in the land use sector - from project planning through implementation to evaluation.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
South–South cooperation and triangular cooperation on technologies for adaptation in the water and agriculture sectorsType:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
Adapting water management and agricultural practices to climate variability is essential and requires integrated responses. This brief explores how countries can harness south-south and triangular cooperation for accelerating the exchange of adaptation technologies, knowledge and practices in the water and agriculture sectors. It also highlights challenges, best practices, lessons learned, and the roles of stakeholders in replicating and transferring such technologies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Institut International de l'Écologie Industrielle et de l'Économie Verte is an establishment of reflection, research and practice of industrial ecology. The Institute has an engineering division and an expertise cluster, which enables the Institute to identify new technologies linked to industrial ecology and to advise through a specific methodology adapted to local contexts. The project managers work on the practical execution of mandates and on the implementation of the industrial ecology with a particular attention to Switzerland and developing countries.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
Sven Harmeling (CARE International), Karin Lexén (SIWI) and Colin McQuistan (Practical Action) discuss why action on climate change is urgently needed, introduce their organizations’ engagement in taking stronger climate action and highlight priority areas of intervention.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
I Care & Consult, specialist in environment & strategy, assists public and private organizations in order to successfully achieve their environmental transition. In developing countries, I Care & Consult work in close collaboration with financial institutions, providing technical assistance in order to enable the development of innovative projects based on climate technologies