National Designated Entity
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
SMARTer2030 is the third instalment in the acclaimed GeSI series of SMART reports, demonstrating the enabling potential of ICT in eight different sectors (from buildings to energy, from transport to agriculture and healthcare), and how ICT solutions can support the transition to a low-carbon economy while delivering business opportunities and improving people's quality of life.
SystemTransformation - How Digital Solutions Will Drive Progress Towards the Sustainable Development GoalsType:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Building on the findings of the GeSI SMARTer2030 report, #SystemTransformation looks at how ICT will be instrumental in the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The report analyzes the current SDGs implementation gaps, identifies the key features that make ICT a fundamental tool to achieve the Goals, and provides a deep-dive into those Goals where the ICT contribution can be most immediate and important.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Lavola has more than 35 years’ experience in sustainability services. The company is specialized in:
- Consultancy in Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energies (including engineering), Carbon footprint, Climate Change mitigation and adaptation, Life Cycle analysis, Social Responsibility and Sustainable Urban and Regional Development.
- Sustainable Development Communication
- Sustainable Development Education including programmes, learning materials, activities and Management of centres.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
HEAT is a independent consulting company focussed on the development and implementation of projects for climate and ozone protection. HEAT has a focus on technology cooperation, policy advice for climate protection technologies, particular in the areas of energy efficiency, cooling and refrigeration, F-gases, inventories, roadmaps, carrying out technical and economic feasibility studies and capacity building measures such as training and certification. HEAT is also the Coordination Office of the NDE Germany.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IrelandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a flagship Institute for Environmental, Marine and Energy research in Ireland. The ERI has over 300 researchers working in interdisciplinary and currently has 45 live research projects focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and understanding. Focus areas include energy modelling, marine renewables, biofuels, energy efficiency, climate adaptation platforms, modelling greenhouse gas fluxes, atmospheric chemistry and carbon liabilities.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
INDO-European Research Facilities for Studies on MARine Ecosystem and CLIMate in India (INDO-MARECLIM) was the first India-EU joint research initiative under the 7th Framework programme of EU co-ordinated by NERCI. The overall objective of INDO-MARECLIM was to use and extend the research infrastructure at Nansen Environmental Research Centre India (NERCI) in order to strengthen scientific cooperation within climate and marine scientific cooperation between scientists and students from India and Europe.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Umweltbundesamt GmbH is a government owned company which acts as the national agency for environmental protection and environmental control. The main tasks of the Agency are:
- Assessment of the state of the environment and of its changes and trends
- Development of measures to avoid/reduce environmental impacts
- Planning and implementation of environmental policy decisions and enforcement of laws
- Analysis of environmental pollutants
- Environmental reporting (incl. GHG and AP)
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
In India, PwC is the oldest and largest professional services firm, with a presence of over 130 years. The Government Reforms and Infrastructure Development (GRID) is the strategic business unit (SBU) of PwC India which advices Governments and Private sector clients on issues like policy, regulation, reforms & restructuring in the energy sector as well as on SEZs, energy efficiency in municipalities, utilities, industries Urban planning and other infrastructure & development areas.