National Designated Entity
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
In the section titled, "From Yellow to Green: Building a Sustainable Regional Development Model (Page 75 ~ 83)" the UNCCCD describes some of the best practices of Green Asia Network, which earned it the 2014 Land for Life Award.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
ACCIONA Ingeniería is the engineering firm of ACCIONA Business Group, one of the leading Spanish companies trading on the IBEX 35. With a history spanning more than a century, ACCIONA is mainly involved in renewable energy, infrastructure, water, and services. Its strategy is based on two concepts: sustainability and social well-being as the cornerstones of economic growth, environmental balance and social progress.
ACCIONA Ingeniería brings more than 60 years of leadership in the civil, industrial and environmental engineering sectors as well as in several architectural fields.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Hydroc is active in Water resources management and disaster risk reduction research and consultancy with a specific focus on climate change induced risks in developing countries. Activities include climate downscaling, climate change impact assessment, the development of adaptation and mitigation options, climate smart development options and climate mainstreaming considering sector overarching and holistic approaches related to water.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
GHGMI educates professionals on GHG accounting, auditing and management; trains professionals to meet the highest standards of expertise and ethical conduct; and conducts forward-looking research into critical GHG measurement, reporting, and verification (MRV) issues. GHGMI offers online courses, as well as workshops, courses and institutional academic partnerships. GHGMI's programing equips learners in all countries with the knowledge to succeed in reporting under the Paris Agreement.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EgyptRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Royal Consultants is a consultancy company that provides the support in management systems of quality, environment, energy, food, laboratories, and climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
DAI Global LLC (DAI) has worked in more than 150 countries, implementing over 2,000 projects and delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict. DAI works for fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. The wide range of clients of DAI includes national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.