National Designated Entity
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Policy making is required in cases in which a public good needs to be either maintained or created, and private or civil initiatives cannot deal alone with this. Policy making thus starts with a phase of problem identification and determining whether there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Rapidly evolving contexts exert influence on policy makers who have to take decisions much faster and more accurately than in the past, also facing greater complexity. There is a need for a method that lowers the lead time of the exploratory phase of the policy cycle.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
This report studies the development of criteria for assessing the compatibility of financial investments with the international goal to limit global temperature increase to below 2°C above pre-industrial levels. The findings are intended as a starting point and a key input for a longer term process to develop consensus-based 2°C investing criteria. The focus here is placed on investments in projects and physical assets, in particular of development and climate finance organisations.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
We are a consulting firm, established in Hamburg in 1993. We advise companies and their foundations, organisations of international cooperation and their project partners worldwide, as well as policy, public administration and civil society actors in Germany. Our offices in Hamburg and Berlin offer a creative platform for our consultants, network partners and clients. We are run by a team consisting of executive director, financial managers and office managers.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BrazilRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Combustech is a private company founded in 2001 to support organizations providing professional sustainability expertise and project services.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PhilippinesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Clean Air Asia works towards an "Asia without air pollution.". It provides leadership and technical knowledge to reduce air pollution and GHGs through its programs; air quality and climate change, and sustainable transport. It promotes climate and clean air technologies such as electric mobility, fuel efficient vehicles, walking and cycling, clean technologies for power generation, cooking and heating in developing Asia. It is an NGO registered in 2007 based in Manila and officies in Beijing and Delhi. It is a UNFCCC observer and a UN Type II partnership.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Congo - KinshasaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
As a one firm EY RDC has support of a large number of experts within its network. For example, an integrated Climate Change & Sustainability Service line (CCaSS) within EY help organisations meet the many challenges arising from numerous strategic environmental issues and the fast growing, international environ- mental regulatory framework. Thanks to our global presence and knowledge-sharing environment and the resources that it offers, we are able to reach out to more than 700 professionals, all dedicated topic experts in sustainability over 40 countries.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
OneWorldis a sustainable development organisation focused on building social, economic, and institutional resilience in the context of climate and resource constraints.Working both globally and across Africa, OneWorld translates the scientific evidence of climate change and its development impacts into realistic policy and institutional arrangements. We provide effective policy and strategy analysis, institutional development, and capacity building to decision and policy makers.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:TunisiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
CITET is a governmental institution with a non-administrative character under the authority of the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development. It aims to provide help in strengthening skills and capacities building in protecting the environment, managing nautral resources and mastering environmentally friendly technolgies.