National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Green Technology Center (GTC) is a government affiliated research institute under the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning (MSIP) that provides national green technology R&D policies and coordinates related domestic/international organizations to support sustainable development of other countries based on green/climate change technologies. GTC serves as Korea’s gateway for global green technology cooperation, as it connects developed and developing countries for growth and diffusion of green technology and strategies.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:PhilippinesRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Umweltbundesamt GmbH is a government owned company which acts as the national agency for environmental protection and environmental control. The main tasks of the Agency are:
- Assessment of the state of the environment and of its changes and trends
- Development of measures to avoid/reduce environmental impacts
- Planning and implementation of environmental policy decisions and enforcement of laws
- Analysis of environmental pollutants
- Environmental reporting (incl. GHG and AP)
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Policy making is required in cases in which a public good needs to be either maintained or created, and private or civil initiatives cannot deal alone with this. Policy making thus starts with a phase of problem identification and determining whether there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Rapidly evolving contexts exert influence on policy makers who have to take decisions much faster and more accurately than in the past, also facing greater complexity. There is a need for a method that lowers the lead time of the exploratory phase of the policy cycle.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PortugalRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Centro de Investigação em Energia REN - State Grid is an energy research center that aims to providing new tools, strategies and processes well-tuned to the new energy paradigm, and serving as a driving force towrds more efficient and sustainable energy systems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The KRIC is an organization established to conduct mid-to-long-term climate change mitigation strategies through systematic R&BD on global climate change, and to conduct research on clean energy developement and international climate change response research.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Cowater International Inc. is a management consulting company with over 31 years of experience implementing government modernization and capacity building projects around the world.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IrelandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a flagship Institute for Environmental, Marine and Energy research in Ireland. The ERI has over 300 researchers working in interdisciplinary and currently has 45 live research projects focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and understanding. Focus areas include energy modelling, marine renewables, biofuels, energy efficiency, climate adaptation platforms, modelling greenhouse gas fluxes, atmospheric chemistry and carbon liabilities.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) was established in March 1998 under an initiative of the Japanese government with the aim to achieve a new paradigm for civilization and conduct innovative policy development and strategic research for environmental measures, reflecting the results of research into political decisions for realising sustainable development both in the Asia-Pacific region and globally.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is a research and academic type of an institution established in 1975 with the mission to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. It provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. It is a research centre of the CGIAR Consortium, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.