National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Agriconsulting Europe SA - AESA is a renowned European consulting firm offering worldwide high-quality technical assistance and management services to Governments, Ministries, International Organisations and private clients in the field of international development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
DAI Global LLC (DAI) has worked in more than 150 countries, implementing over 2,000 projects and delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict. DAI works for fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. The wide range of clients of DAI includes national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Hydroc is active in Water resources management and disaster risk reduction research and consultancy with a specific focus on climate change induced risks in developing countries. Activities include climate downscaling, climate change impact assessment, the development of adaptation and mitigation options, climate smart development options and climate mainstreaming considering sector overarching and holistic approaches related to water.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Center for Clean Air Policy (CCAP) is a not for profit, non governmental and research and academic organization established in 1985 with the mission to significantly advance cost-effective and pragmatic air quality and climate policy through analysis, dialogue and education to reach a broad range of policy-makers and stakeholders worldwide. CCAP helps policy-makers around the world develop, promote and implement innovative, market-based solutions to major climate, air quality and energy problems that balance both environmental and economic interests.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Approach:
This report discusses specific climate change impact and vulnerabilities, and identifies technologies needed to help reduce those vulnerabilities. It then presents examples of existing technologies that will meet those needs for six sectors:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EgyptRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Royal Consultants is a consultancy company that provides the support in management systems of quality, environment, energy, food, laboratories, and climate change.