National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology Research (Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas - CIEMAT) is a public research organization focused on energy and environment and the technologies related to them. The CIEMAT main lines of action are the study, development, promotion and optimization of various sources as renewable energies, study of their impact on the environment, development of new technologies; not forgetting areas of basic research such as high-energy physics and molecular and cellular biology.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network Member
3 Ideas Ltd is an award winning consultancy specialising in technology development and transfer, architecture, design and cultural research. The consultancy was initially created in response to the need to preserve regional cultures, which are fast disappearing under the pressures of globalization.
Technology Development and Transfer, Renewable Resources
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:New ZealandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
CLIMsystems Ltd provides software tools, consultancy services and data/knowledge for the assessment, management and reduction of climatic risks, under both current climate variability and future change. The geographic scope of its operations is global. The sectoral applications of CLIMsystems’ products and services include asset risk management, engineering and architectural design, academic research and education, supply chain analysis, regional and national planning, water resource and waste-water management, agricultural development and disaster risk reduction.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Energy Changes´ (EC) business activities solely focus on GHG mitigation activities applying renewable energies and energy efficiency measures. EC identifies, evaluates and develops renewable energy/ energy efficiency and GHG mitigation projects. EC’s staff includes engineers, scientists, economists and business experts with many years of experience in sustainable energy, resource management and GHG mitigation. EC was founded in 2006 and has currently 15 employees and an annual turnover of approx. 2 million EUR.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources IUCN's mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:PakistanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
LEAD Pakistan is a premier and an internationally recognized non‐profit organization, working to create and sustain a global network of leaders committed to promote change towards patterns of economic development that are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable. LEAD Pakistan’s mission is to create, strengthen and support networks of people and institutions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:Sri LankaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
IWMI’s Mission is to provide evidence-based solutions to sustainably manage water and land resources for food security, people’s livelihoods and the environment. IWMI’s Vision is ‘a water-secure world’. IWMI targets water and land management challenges faced by poor communities in the developing countries, and through this contributes towards the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) of reducing poverty and hunger, and maintaining a sustainable environment.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IrelandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a flagship Institute for Environmental, Marine and Energy research in Ireland. The ERI has over 300 researchers working in interdisciplinary and currently has 45 live research projects focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and understanding. Focus areas include energy modelling, marine renewables, biofuels, energy efficiency, climate adaptation platforms, modelling greenhouse gas fluxes, atmospheric chemistry and carbon liabilities.