National Designated Entity
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Approach:
Although urban centers are often ill-prepared to meet the basic needs of rapidly expanding populations, the urban poor are incredibly resourceful people, with their own networks and the proven capacity to save and invest in the betterment of their communities. Climate change can stimulate action that improves and transforms the most vulnerable urban communities.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) is a strategic partnership of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector and organizations committed to creating and promoting technologies and practices that foster economic, environmental and social sustainability. Formed in 2001, GeSI’s vision is a sustainable world through responsible, ICT-enabled transformation. GeSI fosters global and open cooperation, informs the public of its members’ voluntary actions to improve their sustainability performance, and promotes technologies that foster sustainable development.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Driven by its purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, DNV GL’s 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping the maritime, oil & gas, energy and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Approach:
Sattherwaite and Dodman’s editorial is an introduction to a special issue of environment and urbanisation which focusses on climate change responses in cities. It usefully summarises the state of debates about the meanings and complexities of the resilience and transformation concepts, pointing to the latest literature. It focuses on the following areas:
- cities capacity for change in the context of powerful corporate and political interests;
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.
Fostering Green Building in Thailand for a Low Carbon Society - Enabling Readiness for Up Scaling Investments in Building Energy Efficiency for Achieving NDC GoalsType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:Objective:
This Technology Transfer Advances Thailand's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent from the projected business-as-usual (BAU) level by 2030, and continue the work of Thailand's Energy Efficiency Plan to reduce the country’s energy intensity by 30% below the 2010 level in 2036.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
FutureWater is a private sector organization established in 2002 with the mission to work throughout the world to combine scientific research with practical solutions for water management. FutureWater works on topics such as water for food, irrigation, water excess, water shortage, climate change, and river basin management.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:VietnamRelation to CTCN:Network Member
EPRO Consulting JSC is a private sector organization established in 2007 with the mission to be the most competitive consultancy company in delivering quality services in the field of Cleaner production, Energy Efficiency, Environmental Protection and Bio-energy Solutions in Vietnam. Services are provided to the Government and International organizations to support industrial and agricultural businesses, in using less resources and having more responsibility to environment and society, and therefore become more competitive.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:VietnamRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Van Phu Consultants JSC is a consulting firm specializing in Civil and Industrial Construction Design, Master Plan for Construction Engineering; Land-use Rights; Socio-Economic Development; Agriculture and Forestry Development, Society, Environment, Ethnic Minorities, Resettlement and Public Counselling; Forestry and Natural Resources Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Education Services and Technology Transfer, Project Management, Ground Levelling and Water Sewage.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
Leading Finnish expertise in ground stabilisation has been leveraged in a pioneering project to test a new method in Hanoi, Vietnam. The project will help increase the availability of land suitable for development in the growing city.