National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
GlobalCAD is formed by a group of international experts specialized in fields related to human and sustainable development. They provide technical and strategic advice, research and capacity building to international organizations, governments, NGOs and private sector organizations worldwide.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIFOR's Climate change, energy and low-carbon development research team supports SDGs 7 (affordable and clean energy) and 13 (climate action). The team works through four linked sub-areas: adaptation, mitigation, bioenergy and forest ecosystem function. They aim to support a new development paradigm, combining effective & efficient climate actions with equitable outcomes that generate benefits-including poverty reduction, protection of local livelihoods, rights, tenure and enhancement of ecosystem services
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
SOFRECO is a leading company in consultancy and technical assistance for sustainable economic and social development. SOFRECO practises three complementary professions: consultancy, engineering and training. Our assignments, most of which fall within the scope of programmes for sustainable development and poverty reduction, cover numerous fields, including Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation. Constantly expanding, SOFRECO has carried out more than 2000 assignments in over 130 countries worldwide.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is an independent research institute founded in 1985 where scientists investigate the causes and effects of climate change in order to identify and implement opportunities for conservation, restoration and economic development around the world. WHRC collaborates with colleagues from many countries around the world in order to prevent and reverse deforestation and apply remote sensing and other advanced analytical methods to measure progress towards these goals.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
UNU-INWEH is a member of the United Nations University family of organizations. It is the United Nations Think Tank on Water created by the UNU Governing Council in 1996. The vision of the institute is a world free of water problems where sustainable human development and environmental health and security are assured for all.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
ESSA is an international environmental consulting firm with over 37 years of experience in resolving complex natural resource and environmental management problems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
C4 EcoSolutions is a consulting company that designs and implements climate change adaptation and mitigation projects in both the public and private sectors.