Papua New Guinea
National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Caspervandertak Consulting (CVDTC) was established in 2004 and has since then been active in climate change mitigation. CVDTC’s main focus is on the development of greenhouse gas emission reduction projects and programs. It manages a substantial range of carbon offset projects such as CDM and VER projects and to date has developed or assisted in the development of more than 160 CDM projects; moreover, it is active in the field of NAMA formulation. In addition, CVDTC helps low carbon technology owners market their technologies, and match potential users with the right technology suppliers.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
This comprehensive study provides an overview of the seriousness of climate change as related to food security and farming around the world. Authors provide a set of policy and technical options for mitigation of and adaptation to climate change in multiple scenarios.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIFOR's Climate change, energy and low-carbon development research team supports SDGs 7 (affordable and clean energy) and 13 (climate action). The team works through four linked sub-areas: adaptation, mitigation, bioenergy and forest ecosystem function. They aim to support a new development paradigm, combining effective & efficient climate actions with equitable outcomes that generate benefits-including poverty reduction, protection of local livelihoods, rights, tenure and enhancement of ecosystem services
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
DAI Global LLC (DAI) has worked in more than 150 countries, implementing over 2,000 projects and delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict. DAI works for fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. The wide range of clients of DAI includes national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations and philanthropies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
UNIQUE is a German consulting company that provides expert services and advice on forest management and sustainable land use sector, focusing on forestry, timber industries, agriculture and rural development. UNIQUE provides comprehensive support in addressing technical, political and economic challenges in the land use sector - from project planning through implementation to evaluation.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The National Forestry Cooperative Federation (NFCF) was established in 1962 with the objective to create forest values through sustainable forest management. It provides forest management information and technology, financial support and develops forest biomass production potential. Furthermore, it promotes afforestation and local education programs through overseas activities and contributes to low carbon green growth in developing countries with an emphasis on technology and knowledge transfer.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Ramboll is an engineering, design and consultancy company employing 13,000 experts worldwide. Ramboll provides services across de following sectors: energy, water, environment, health, buildings, transport, and management consulting etc. Ramboll's multidisciplinary approach allows them to provide best available solutions in mitigation and adaptation technologies, and their worldwide presence and expertise facilitates the transfer of technology to developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.