Papua New Guinea
National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
CIFOR's Climate change, energy and low-carbon development research team supports SDGs 7 (affordable and clean energy) and 13 (climate action). The team works through four linked sub-areas: adaptation, mitigation, bioenergy and forest ecosystem function. They aim to support a new development paradigm, combining effective & efficient climate actions with equitable outcomes that generate benefits-including poverty reduction, protection of local livelihoods, rights, tenure and enhancement of ecosystem services
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
OneWorldis a sustainable development organisation focused on building social, economic, and institutional resilience in the context of climate and resource constraints.Working both globally and across Africa, OneWorld translates the scientific evidence of climate change and its development impacts into realistic policy and institutional arrangements. We provide effective policy and strategy analysis, institutional development, and capacity building to decision and policy makers.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustraliaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Pacific Community SPC is the principal scientific and technical organization in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. SPC is an international development organization owned and governed by 26 country and territory members. SPC works for the well-being of Pacific people through the effective and innovative application of science and knowledge, guided by a deep understanding of Pacific island contexts and cultures.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
KIOST is a research and academic organization in the field of science technology specializing in maritime affairs that studies on new scientific knowledge regarding the ocean. KIOST utilizes its workforce and infrastructure to promote national level official development assistance projects including a project to enhance the capacity to observe climate change in Peru. KIOST plays an important part in domestic and international cooperative networks.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
UNIQUE is a German consulting company that provides expert services and advice on forest management and sustainable land use sector, focusing on forestry, timber industries, agriculture and rural development. UNIQUE provides comprehensive support in addressing technical, political and economic challenges in the land use sector - from project planning through implementation to evaluation.
Pilot application of innovative assessment methods for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) in selected manufacturing sectors in IndiaType:PublicationPublication date:
United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has awarded CII – Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre (CII – Godrej GBC) to facilitate the “Pilot Application of Innovative Assessment Methods for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) in Selected Manufacturing in India”
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Approach:
This guide is about taking account of, and managing, ecosystems to help people adapt to climate change in coastal areas: coastal Ecosystem based Adaptation (EBA). Vital to human wellbeing, adaptation to climate change is increasingly important in international policy discussions such as the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), which have acknowledged the potential importance of EBA in meeting this challenge.