National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Acclimatise has been engaged in the delivery of climate risk management since its inception in 2004, advising private and public sector clients in developed and developing countries, on how to make their policies, projects, investments and assets resilient to climate change risks today and into the future. Acclimatise has been active in assessing and supporting climate services development and increasing capacity to use technologies to build resilience, particularly in developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Antea®Group Belgium is an international engineering and environmental consulting firm. Antea Group specializes in full-service solutions in the fields of environment, infrastructure, urban planning and water. Antea Group Belgium has developed a wide scope of expertise which allows for a multidisciplinary and interactive project implementation. Services include (policy) advice, research and technical assistance as required for project implementation and project management ranging from small local projects to the coordination of international consortia.
- Type:OrganisationRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) are working in partnership, with co-funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF), to accelerate the adoption, deployment, and investment in environmentally sound technologies in Asia and the Pacific.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:Bosnia & HerzegovinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Center for Energy, Environment and Resources (CENER21) is a non-governmental not for profit organization established in the year 2006 with the mission to contributing to sustainable development in South East Europe. CENER21 works directly with key stakeholders from international organizations, government, industry and local authorities deploying technical expertise in the areas of resource conservation, biodiversity, climate change mitigation and adaptation, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
In this report, we identify, analyse and compare international good practices in the design and implementation of national monitoring and evaluating indicator systems for climate change adaptation. This first chapter provides an introduction to the context and key terminology in the domain of climate change adaptation and indicators for M&E of adaptation. The second chapter discusses the existing approaches to M&E, while Chapter 3 provides a general overview of approaches to M&E Frameworks for Climate Change Adaptation.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
En este informe identificaremos, analizaremos y compararemos buenas prácticas internacionales de diseño e implementación de indicadores para sistemas de monitoreo y evaluación para la adaptación al cambio climático. El primer capítulo ofrece una introducción al contexto y la terminología clave en el tema de adaptación al cambio climático e indicadores de M&E para la adaptación. El segundo capítulo analiza los enfoques de M&E existentes, mientras que el capítulo 3 ofrece un panorama general de los enfoques de M&E para la adaptación al cambio climático.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South AfricaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
C4 EcoSolutions is a consulting company that designs and implements climate change adaptation and mitigation projects in both the public and private sectors.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:AustraliaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Ekistica is the advisory and technical consultancy firm based in Australia working nationally and internatonally in challenging engieering and project development and delivery problems.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.