National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:AustraliaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Ekistica is the advisory and technical consultancy firm based in Australia working nationally and internatonally in challenging engieering and project development and delivery problems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
HR Wallingford provides analysis, advice, and support in the management of water and the water environment including climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
HEAT is a independent consulting company focussed on the development and implementation of projects for climate and ozone protection. HEAT has a focus on technology cooperation, policy advice for climate protection technologies, particular in the areas of energy efficiency, cooling and refrigeration, F-gases, inventories, roadmaps, carrying out technical and economic feasibility studies and capacity building measures such as training and certification. HEAT is also the Coordination Office of the NDE Germany.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IrelandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a flagship Institute for Environmental, Marine and Energy research in Ireland. The ERI has over 300 researchers working in interdisciplinary and currently has 45 live research projects focused on climate mitigation, adaptation and understanding. Focus areas include energy modelling, marine renewables, biofuels, energy efficiency, climate adaptation platforms, modelling greenhouse gas fluxes, atmospheric chemistry and carbon liabilities.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Umweltbundesamt GmbH is a government owned company which acts as the national agency for environmental protection and environmental control. The main tasks of the Agency are:
- Assessment of the state of the environment and of its changes and trends
- Development of measures to avoid/reduce environmental impacts
- Planning and implementation of environmental policy decisions and enforcement of laws
- Analysis of environmental pollutants
- Environmental reporting (incl. GHG and AP)
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Korea Environment Institute (KEI) is a government affiliated research institute that is under the Cabinet Coordination Office. The KEI was established in 1992 to contribute to preventing and solving environmental problems including climate change through environmental policy research and a professional and fair review of environmental impact assessments. The Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change designated by the Ministry of Environment was established under the KEI in 2009.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Gaia Consulting is a private sector consultancy firm established in 1993. Gaia has been providing solutions for sustainability to a wide range of clients from private corporations, international organisations to public institutions. Their services evolve around environment & responsibility, cleantech, innovation & finance, safety & risk management, as well as energy &climate. Gaia covers multiple sectors and service areas, particularly in energy and related sectors and business model development both on a local and global scale.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IsraelRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Frankfurt School-UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance is a unique “think-and-do” tank combining research, education and project implementation, with the aim of facilitating private sector investment and financing of clean energy and climate change mitigation and adaptation projects across the globe.