National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:VietnamRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Institute of Energy is a national focal point in energy and power fields, and the principal consultant in formulation of Vietnam energy & power development strategies, policies and master plans; and a prestigious and leading provider of science & technical services in energy and power sectors in Vietnam. Renewable energy technologies and climate change mitigation are some of the focuses of Institute of Energy's Center for Renewable Energy and Department for Environment and Sustainable Development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
REEEP serves as a funder, information provider and connector for up-scaling clean energy business models in developing countries and emerging markets. REEEP's International Secretariat is based in Vienna, Austria, with Regional Secretariats in East Asia, Latin America, Caribbean, South Asia and Southern Africa and a West Africa focal point.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Caspervandertak Consulting (CVDTC) was established in 2004 and has since then been active in climate change mitigation. CVDTC’s main focus is on the development of greenhouse gas emission reduction projects and programs. It manages a substantial range of carbon offset projects such as CDM and VER projects and to date has developed or assisted in the development of more than 160 CDM projects; moreover, it is active in the field of NAMA formulation. In addition, CVDTC helps low carbon technology owners market their technologies, and match potential users with the right technology suppliers.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network Member
IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D Programme (IEAGHG) is an international research body established in 1991, evaluating technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the use of fossil fuels, with a focus on carbon dioxide capture and storage (CCS). The wide range of activities undertaken by IEAGHG covers the whole range of issues and topics for the full CCS chain, from capture to storage, including technical and non-technical topics.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Austrian Energy Agency is a research and academic, non-governmental, not for profit organization, established in 1977. The Austrian Energy Agency prepares the ground for decisions in politics, public administration and the industry with detailed research and by highlighting important dependencies and connections between topics. It also provides information for all target groups in our society on the backgrounds and developments in the field of energy production and use.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network Member
NEDO is a public sector organization established in 1980 with mission to address energy & global environmental problems, and enhancing industrial technology. NEDO aims to address energy problems and raise the level of industrial technology through integrated management of technology development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Since its inception in 2002, CENER, the National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain, has aimed at a two-fold purpose: to favour the competitiveness level of companies in the renewable energy sector, satisfying their R&D needs, while at the same time, fostering the Technological and Commercial Development of Renewable Energies.