National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:JapanRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Frankfurt School-UNEP Collaborating Centre for Climate & Sustainable Energy Finance is a unique “think-and-do” tank combining research, education and project implementation, with the aim of facilitating private sector investment and financing of clean energy and climate change mitigation and adaptation projects across the globe.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
NERCI, a non-profit research centre was established in 1999 to conduct basic and applied research in ocean and atmospheric sciences and coastal zone management. Its vision is to improve our understanding of climate change, its impact on the monsoon and ocean circulation and ecosystems in the Indian Ocean using in situ observations, satellite data and numerical ocean and climate models.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Practical Action Consulting (PAC) is the consulting arm of Practical Action, an international non-governmental organisation that uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries. Through technology PAC enables poor communities to build on their skills and knowledge to produce sustainable and practical solutions - transforming their lives forever and protecting the world around them. Every year PAC uses technology to help over 1 million people out of poverty.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IndonesiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Forest Carbon is a private sector organization that was registered as Pt. Forest Carbon Consultants Indonesia. Prior to this, Forest Carbon operated as a sole proprietary consulting firm. The mission is to substantially reduce forest based greenhouse gas emissions by providing scientifically rigorous technical services. Forest Carbon has expertise in all aspects of REED+ such as program design, feasibility assessments, inventories, MRV, and mapping and remote sensing.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BangladeshRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Bangladesh Centre for Advanced studies (BCAS) is an independent, non-government, non-profit, research and policy institute institution established in 1986 with the mission to provide guidance and practical solutions to promote sustainable development, eradicate poverty, improve access of the poor to resources and ensure social justice. It specializes in policy analysis, action research and project implementation for sustainable development at local, national, regional and global levels.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:IsraelRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Natural Resources and Environmental Research Center (NRERC), University of Haifa is a resaerch and academic institution established in 1985 with the mission to carry out interdisciplinary research in the area of natural resource and environmental resource management, pioneering this academic research field in Israel. NRERC is chosen, by the Israeli Ministry of Environmental Protection, to lead "The Israeli Center for Climate Change" (ICCIC).
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:KazakhstanRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) is an environmental non-governmental organization that provides environmental policy development and implementation expertise in support of regional cooperation on sustainable development issues in Central Asia. CAREC has provided hands-on assistance with NAMA preparation and capacity building in Central Asia, promotes South-South cooperation, and has a strong network across a broad spectrum of environmental policy issues in those countries where it operates.