National Designated Entity
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:Approach:
Why gender perspectives need to be incorporated into waste management:
1. Waste is not necessarily a gender neutral concept
2. Women may have different needs and preferences on waste management service
3. Women’s gender responsibility for community cleanliness is often uncompensated, and when these voluntary activities become paid, women are often left out
4. Formalising waste activities can also force women out
5. Gender aspects are left out in the selection of the technology
6. Women are exposed to specific health risks in various ways
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
GWCC INTERIVAL ZT GmbH (GWCC) is a consulting company based in Vienna (part of the Austrian Consulting Group ROHRHOFER & Partner). GWCC has a long experience (since 1984) in the fields of Infrastructure Development, Management, Institutional Strengthening in the field of Water, Waste Water and Waste Management in Austria, CEE,CIS, FUS countries. Climate related projects are mainly conducted in various regions of Austria,e.g.flood risk mapping & planning of flood mitigation measures.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Incorporated in 2015, Tambourine Innovation Ventures (TIV) is an innovation advisory and venture development firm that provides a full suite of services and solutions to the challenges and needs generated by the increasing interest and activity globally in the areas of climate change adaptation/mitigation, innovation, technology transfer and venture finance. TIV founders and consultants bring more than three decades of experience in assisting the developing countries access innovative technologies from the industrialized countries and grow technology ventures.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Institut International de l'Écologie Industrielle et de l'Économie Verte is an establishment of reflection, research and practice of industrial ecology. The Institute has an engineering division and an expertise cluster, which enables the Institute to identify new technologies linked to industrial ecology and to advise through a specific methodology adapted to local contexts. The project managers work on the practical execution of mandates and on the implementation of the industrial ecology with a particular attention to Switzerland and developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Perspectives Climate Group develops policy instruments for GHG mitigation for NAMAs and NDCs as well as support services for GHG mitigation projects under market mechanisms, with activities in over 40 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia. Perspectives supports design of mitigation documentation for efficiency in power plants, industrial boilers, and buildings, as well as municipal waste management, waste-water, renewable energy and demand-side energy efficiency. Perspectives is specialized in methodologies for baselines under market mechanisms and supporting access to climate finance.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GeorgiaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
DG Consulting limited is a professional consulting company, focusing on consultancy services in development and construction in water and environment sector in Georgia and Worldwide.The Company has very specific experience working with mineral and fresh water, beverages and soft drink producer companies for water related issues, inclusive of water treatment, initial water preparation, removal of specific components, QA/QC etc.In water sector, company is providing full cycle of consultancy services to private clients, development banks, international financial institutions etc.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Dabar Ingenieros SL has a long history of participating in consulting and development of bioenergy, renewable energy and organic wastes international projects. Since the early 2000's Dabar participates in the development, design, engineering and operation of bioenergy and renewable energy facilities such as: agro-industrial biogas plants, MSW treatment platns, photovoltaic plants etc.