National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Climate change, food security, resource scarcity, sustainable energy, ageing population… VITO’s research agenda focuses on the major societal challenges we are facing today. The fields of expertise of VITO initiate a societal transition. That is why VITO combines sustainability and transition throughout its research programs, and is committed to maximize the valorization of VITO’s research results.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
The European Climate Adaptation Platform (Climate-ADAPT) aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change . It is an initiative of the European Commission and helps users to access and share information on:
Expected climate change in Europe
Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
National and transnational adaptation strategies
Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
Tools that support adaptation planning
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Policy making is required in cases in which a public good needs to be either maintained or created, and private or civil initiatives cannot deal alone with this. Policy making thus starts with a phase of problem identification and determining whether there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Rapidly evolving contexts exert influence on policy makers who have to take decisions much faster and more accurately than in the past, also facing greater complexity. There is a need for a method that lowers the lead time of the exploratory phase of the policy cycle.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INA is a decentralized technological scientific body whose objective is to satisfy the requirements of study, research, development and provision of specialized services in the field of water use and preservation. It depends on the Under Secretariat of Water Resources of the Nation. INA carries out studies and provides technical services of great specialization, both for public and private organizations, making available to the country facilities, instruments and a highly qualified human team.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht-Zentrum für Material-und Küstenforschung GmbH (HZG) is one of 18 members of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres Germany's largest science organization. One of HZG's scientific organizational entities is the Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a think tank for innovations in the field of climate services.