National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology Research (Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas - CIEMAT) is a public research organization focused on energy and environment and the technologies related to them. The CIEMAT main lines of action are the study, development, promotion and optimization of various sources as renewable energies, study of their impact on the environment, development of new technologies; not forgetting areas of basic research such as high-energy physics and molecular and cellular biology.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Solved is a cleantech advisory service and collaboration platform. Solved tackles the world's environmental challenges, and lets you easily cooperate with the best cleantech experts. Solved brings together the leading experts, environmental challenges and new ways of working in order to co-create appealing solutions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Approach:
The Newtonian Shift: Business Strategy Simulation for a Transitioning Energy Sector
The energy sector is changing. With the ever increasing adoption of disruptive technologies, evolving customer expectations and the emergence of new market entrants – we are in the midst of a major transition. Companies that recognise and embrace this shift will nd success as valued, innovative solution providers.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:Approach:
Although urban centers are often ill-prepared to meet the basic needs of rapidly expanding populations, the urban poor are incredibly resourceful people, with their own networks and the proven capacity to save and invest in the betterment of their communities. Climate change can stimulate action that improves and transforms the most vulnerable urban communities.
This video, narrated by UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Angélique Kidjo, tells the stories of the winners of the 2015 Momentum for Change Awards, under the Urban Poor category.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INA is a decentralized technological scientific body whose objective is to satisfy the requirements of study, research, development and provision of specialized services in the field of water use and preservation. It depends on the Under Secretariat of Water Resources of the Nation. INA carries out studies and provides technical services of great specialization, both for public and private organizations, making available to the country facilities, instruments and a highly qualified human team.