National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy is a research and academic organization established in 1991 with the mission to undertake research and develops models, strategies and instruments for transitions to a sustainable development at local, national and international level. Sustainability research at the Wuppertal Institute focuses on the resources, climate and energy related challenges and their relation to economy and society. Special emphasis is put on analysing and stimulating innovations that decouple economic growth and wealth from natural resource use.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Active since 2001, the Energy and Environment Group of G+H is one of the leading European based consultancy firms providing innovative and tailor-made advisory services and solutions in the board fields of Climate Change, Development, Energy & Environment, and Sustainability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Korea Environment Corporation (KECO) is a public sector organization with the mission to Contribute to ecofriendly national development through the improvement of environment and promotion of resource recycling.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network Member
NIRAS A/S is a private sector, international, multidisciplinary consultancy company established in 1956. It has over 1400 employees located in offices in Europe, Asia and Africa. It provides impartial consultancy in a variety of fields such as construction and infrastructure, public utilities, environmental and natural resources, climate change and energy, planning, and development consulting.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Carbon Counts is a private sector organization established in 2008. It is an independent consultancy providing a range of advice in the field of climate change. It has a focus on international climate change policy, in particular technology development, deployment, financing and regulation.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) provides green financing targeted at small and medium-sized projects with tangible, positive environmental impacts in the Nordic region – and in particular the Baltic Sea. Through its extensive fund management, activities in the Arctic and Barents regions have been added and NEFCO has developed into a financial institution supporting Green Growth and the Climate globally.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ZimbabweRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The SIRDC was established by the Government of Zimbabwe in 1993, under the provisions of the Research Act of 1986. The Centre provides technological expertise in the diverse areas in which Zimbabwe's industrial enterprises operate.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:KenyaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Carbon Africa’s mission is to catalyze climate action in Africa by providing policy, programme and project advisory services to public and private actors, with a focus on making things happen on the ground. The company offers services in project development, access to climate finance and impact monitoring, underpinned by efforts to support the enabling environment and build capacity. Carbon Africa is headquartered in Kenya with representation in Ethiopia, Mozambique and Rwanda.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) is a global network of climate and clean energy financing experts that aims to bridge the gap between entrepreneurs developing climate and clean energy projects and private sector investors to mobilize private financing. PFAN achieves this by originating technically and commercially viable clean energy and climate adaptation projects, nurturing their development through coaching provided by its network of in-country financing advisors and technical experts and then facilitating investment through its global investor network.