National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Established in 1986 as Korea's first research oriented university, POSTECH'S vision is "a great university that nurtures future global leaders and discovers/develops solutions to grand challenges the nation and mankind face". Home to 72 researcher centers, POSTECH has world class research facilities, including world class 3rd&4th generation Synchrotorn Accelerators. With excellent research infrastructure and talented researches, POSTECH is focusing on solving the climate crisis mankind face.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
The European Climate Adaptation Platform (Climate-ADAPT) aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change . It is an initiative of the European Commission and helps users to access and share information on:
Expected climate change in Europe
Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
National and transnational adaptation strategies
Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
Tools that support adaptation planning
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Policy making is required in cases in which a public good needs to be either maintained or created, and private or civil initiatives cannot deal alone with this. Policy making thus starts with a phase of problem identification and determining whether there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Rapidly evolving contexts exert influence on policy makers who have to take decisions much faster and more accurately than in the past, also facing greater complexity. There is a need for a method that lowers the lead time of the exploratory phase of the policy cycle.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Trinomics is an international consultancy firm that provides policy research and capacity building activities in the fields of energy, environment, climate change and sustainability. Trinomics specialises in supporting public authorities tackle the socio-economic challenges related to climate change and provide solutions related to national (and international) climate change policies and strategies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PortugalRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Centro de Investigação em Energia REN - State Grid is an energy research center that aims to providing new tools, strategies and processes well-tuned to the new energy paradigm, and serving as a driving force towrds more efficient and sustainable energy systems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Wood delivers comprehensive services to support the complete life cycle of assets, from concept to decommissioning, across a range of Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure, Government, Mining and Industrial & Manufacturing.