National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Established in 1986 as Korea's first research oriented university, POSTECH'S vision is "a great university that nurtures future global leaders and discovers/develops solutions to grand challenges the nation and mankind face". Home to 72 researcher centers, POSTECH has world class research facilities, including world class 3rd&4th generation Synchrotorn Accelerators. With excellent research infrastructure and talented researches, POSTECH is focusing on solving the climate crisis mankind face.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:
The European Climate Adaptation Platform (Climate-ADAPT) aims to support Europe in adapting to climate change . It is an initiative of the European Commission and helps users to access and share information on:
Expected climate change in Europe
Current and future vulnerability of regions and sectors
National and transnational adaptation strategies
Adaptation case studies and potential adaptation options
Tools that support adaptation planning
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Policy making is required in cases in which a public good needs to be either maintained or created, and private or civil initiatives cannot deal alone with this. Policy making thus starts with a phase of problem identification and determining whether there is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Rapidly evolving contexts exert influence on policy makers who have to take decisions much faster and more accurately than in the past, also facing greater complexity. There is a need for a method that lowers the lead time of the exploratory phase of the policy cycle.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Burleson Institute focuses on environmentally sound technology as a bridge to climate cooperation and sustainability. Through technical assistance, intentional learning networks, and educational outreach, we are building a culture of best practice sharing and innovation where stakeholders are equal partners, working together toward substantive and procedural good governance.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Environmental Hydraulics Foundation (IHCantabria) is a research and academic, public sector not for profit organization. The Environmental Hydraulics Institute "IH Cantabria" is a joint research centre that carries out research, knowledge transfer and training of specialists in the fields of fresh and saltwater. At IH Cantabria there are over 140 researchers and the centre has over thirty years of experience.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:IndiaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
NERCI, a non-profit research centre was established in 1999 to conduct basic and applied research in ocean and atmospheric sciences and coastal zone management. Its vision is to improve our understanding of climate change, its impact on the monsoon and ocean circulation and ecosystems in the Indian Ocean using in situ observations, satellite data and numerical ocean and climate models.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United StatesRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is a research and academic type of an institution established in 1975 with the mission to provide research-based policy solutions that sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. It provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. It is a research centre of the CGIAR Consortium, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PanamaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
ITACA is a technical assistance and consulting services provider committed to accelerating climate adaptation financing in the Caribbean aiming to:
- Build the capacity of local businesses to plan and manage their transition to a low carbon and resilient future
- Support knowledge transfer and capacity development across MSMEs within Caribbean Communities
- Help project developers and financial institutions to build bankable adaptation and resilience projects
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:PortugalRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Centro de Investigação em Energia REN - State Grid is an energy research center that aims to providing new tools, strategies and processes well-tuned to the new energy paradigm, and serving as a driving force towrds more efficient and sustainable energy systems.