National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Climate change, food security, resource scarcity, sustainable energy, ageing population… VITO’s research agenda focuses on the major societal challenges we are facing today. The fields of expertise of VITO initiate a societal transition. That is why VITO combines sustainability and transition throughout its research programs, and is committed to maximize the valorization of VITO’s research results.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Type:EventDate:Monday, May 22, 2017 - Tuesday, May 23, 2017 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Denmark
In order to strengthen the UNFCCC Technology Mechanism and support the implementation of the Paris Agreement, decision 1/CP.21, paragraph 66 requests the Technology Executive Committee and the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) to undertake further work relating to, inter alia:
- Technology research, development and demonstration;
- The development and enhancement of endogenous capacities and technologies.
The objectives of the Scoping Workshop were to:
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NorwayRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Carbon Limits (CL) consists of a highly experienced team of technical experts, economists and project managers with deep sector insight into climate change and energy sector development, combined with local know-how and networks within the company’s geographical target areas. CLs services cover three broad categories:
- Emission reduction project development through transfer of technology and know-how
- Consultancy and technical assistance
- Capacity building and training.
- Type:EventDate:Tuesday, June 23, 2015 - Wednesday, June 24, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Denmark
The two-day workshop offers a dynamic mix of interactive sessions, peer-learning and peer-assistance, as well as effective networking. The main objective is to discuss the CKB manifesto and the proposition of the “Climate Knowledge Grid”, following the CKB objective to enable decision makers and individuals faced with the challenges of climate change to take decisions based on high quality, comprehensive data, information, and knowledge.
- Type:EventDate:Monday, June 22, 2015 - Monday, June 22, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Denmark
The outreach event is an open session and cocktail reception to learn what climate knowledge brokers are doing to connect up climate knowledge, and discuss how your organisation can benefit and ‘plug in’ to the ‘climate knowledge grid’. It is organized by the CKB Group jointly with CTCN, CDKN and REEEP.
Guests are welcome to come for the whole event participication is free.
- Type:EventDate:Wednesday, May 20, 2015 - Wednesday, May 20, 2015 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Denmark
After the successful workshops of Rome and Vienna, D'Appolonia and European Commission – DG CLIMA are pleased to announce the Third Regional Workshop to support the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) dedicated to introducing you to Climate Technologies transfer mechanism.
Take part in the event by registering here
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Knowledge Partner
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Ricardo-AEA is a global sustainability consultancy. We help our clients solve some of the world’s most complex environmental challenges and provide Governments, public agencies and businesses with leading analysis, advice and data.