National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Active since 2001, the Energy and Environment Group of G+H is one of the leading European based consultancy firms providing innovative and tailor-made advisory services and solutions in the board fields of Climate Change, Development, Energy & Environment, and Sustainability.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:Sectors:Approach:
Why gender perspectives need to be incorporated into waste management:
1. Waste is not necessarily a gender neutral concept
2. Women may have different needs and preferences on waste management service
3. Women’s gender responsibility for community cleanliness is often uncompensated, and when these voluntary activities become paid, women are often left out
4. Formalising waste activities can also force women out
5. Gender aspects are left out in the selection of the technology
6. Women are exposed to specific health risks in various ways