National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti (CMCC) mission is to investigate and model our climate system and its interactions with society to provide reliable, rigorous and timely scientific results which will in turn stimulate sustainable growth, protect the environment and develop science driven adaptation and mitigation policies in a changing climate. CMCC provides full analyses of climate impacts on various systems such as agriculture, ecosystems, coasts, water resources, health, economics.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:South KoreaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Science and Technology Policy Institute have served as a top think tank in science and technology. Ranked top 16 in the 2015 Global Think Tank Rankings, STEPI guides the development of the national policy agenda and leads foresight research in Korea. STEPI has been designated as the implementing agency for science, technology, and innovation ODA by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:United KingdomRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
To encourage investment in climate adaptation projects, The Higher Ground Foundation created the Vulnerability Reduction Credit, or VRCTM an economic measure of the effects of projects in reducing climate change vulnerability.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INA is a decentralized technological scientific body whose objective is to satisfy the requirements of study, research, development and provision of specialized services in the field of water use and preservation. It depends on the Under Secretariat of Water Resources of the Nation. INA carries out studies and provides technical services of great specialization, both for public and private organizations, making available to the country facilities, instruments and a highly qualified human team.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Global e-Sustainability Initiative (GeSI) is a strategic partnership of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector and organizations committed to creating and promoting technologies and practices that foster economic, environmental and social sustainability. Formed in 2001, GeSI’s vision is a sustainable world through responsible, ICT-enabled transformation. GeSI fosters global and open cooperation, informs the public of its members’ voluntary actions to improve their sustainability performance, and promotes technologies that foster sustainable development.