National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:BeninRelation to CTCN:Network Member
AMAF-BENIN is a organization that was engaged in the resolution processes of the United Nations regarding 1992 International Conference on Environment and Development in Rio de Janeiro and the 2000 Social Development Summit in New York. AMAF-Benin is created in 2008. AMAF-BENIN's mission is to help to address socio-economic and environmental problems in Benin, especially with regards to vulnerable people. AMAF-BENIN is especially involved in conservation of Forest and Wetlands, Biodiversity and Ecosystems.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ArgentinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INA is a decentralized technological scientific body whose objective is to satisfy the requirements of study, research, development and provision of specialized services in the field of water use and preservation. It depends on the Under Secretariat of Water Resources of the Nation. INA carries out studies and provides technical services of great specialization, both for public and private organizations, making available to the country facilities, instruments and a highly qualified human team.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FranceRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Eco-Tech Ceram (ETC) is a European Small Enterprise focused on the industrial energy efficiency market. EcoStock, using refractory ceramic made from waste. This solution contributes to two of the European 2020 objectives: 20% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and 20% reduction in primary energy use, by recovering and reusing their waste heat
- Type:PublicationPublication date:Sectors:
Why gender perspectives need to be incorporated into waste management:
1. Waste is not necessarily a gender neutral concept
2. Women may have different needs and preferences on waste management service
3. Women’s gender responsibility for community cleanliness is often uncompensated, and when these voluntary activities become paid, women are often left out
4. Formalising waste activities can also force women out
5. Gender aspects are left out in the selection of the technology
6. Women are exposed to specific health risks in various ways
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The greenwerk. offers climate policy and sustainable energy policy related advice to clients in both developing and developed countries. They navigate public and private actors through different layers of the climate finance landscape and contribute to a global knowledge transfer on climate and energy policy through facilitation of capacity development missions and workshops.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
This report provides an overview of and reflections by the core DNV GL team on the work undertaken as part of the multi-year strategic partnership between DNV GL and the CTCN. It provides lessons learned by the team and recommendations and ideas for future consideration by the CTCN going forward.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ChinaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The International Center on Small Hydropower (ICSHP) is a public and non-profit institution under the auspices of UNIDO, China's Ministry of Water Resources(MWR) and Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM). It serves as headquarters of the International Network on Small Hydropower(INSHP),an international organization with more than 470 members from over 80 countries.