National Designated Entity
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:ItalyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
With a history going back 150 years, the RINA Group is a global corporation that provides engineering and consultancy services, as well as testing, inspection and certification.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
FOKABS’ mission is to contribute towards climate-resilient and low-carbon development solutions. The company provides advisory services on climate change, especially in developing countries. FOKABS offers services in capacity building, project development, climate finance and international negotiations in the areas of nationally determined contributions (NDC), national adaptation plans (NAP), reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+), CDM, and NAMA.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Centre for Energy, Environment and Technology Research (Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas - CIEMAT) is a public research organization focused on energy and environment and the technologies related to them. The CIEMAT main lines of action are the study, development, promotion and optimization of various sources as renewable energies, study of their impact on the environment, development of new technologies; not forgetting areas of basic research such as high-energy physics and molecular and cellular biology.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:NetherlandsRelation to CTCN:Network Member
3 Ideas Ltd is an award winning consultancy specialising in technology development and transfer, architecture, design and cultural research. The consultancy was initially created in response to the need to preserve regional cultures, which are fast disappearing under the pressures of globalization.
Technology Development and Transfer, Renewable Resources
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:DenmarkRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Ramboll is an engineering, design and consultancy company employing 13,000 experts worldwide. Ramboll provides services across de following sectors: energy, water, environment, health, buildings, transport, and management consulting etc. Ramboll's multidisciplinary approach allows them to provide best available solutions in mitigation and adaptation technologies, and their worldwide presence and expertise facilitates the transfer of technology to developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:EcuadorRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
INIAP has the mission to improve sustainable agricultural production in Ecuador through scientific research, the development, validation, and transference of innovative technologies. Many accessions and technologies from around the world are evaluated on the 13 Research Facilities located to cover the diversity in soils and climate that characterise the Ecuadorean environment.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The aim of CIMNE is the development of numerical methods and computational techniques for advancing knowledge and technology in engineering and applied sciences.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:AustriaRelation to CTCN:Network Member
Energy Changes´ (EC) business activities solely focus on GHG mitigation activities applying renewable energies and energy efficiency measures. EC identifies, evaluates and develops renewable energy/ energy efficiency and GHG mitigation projects. EC’s staff includes engineers, scientists, economists and business experts with many years of experience in sustainable energy, resource management and GHG mitigation. EC was founded in 2006 and has currently 15 employees and an annual turnover of approx. 2 million EUR.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:BelgiumRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
Climate change, food security, resource scarcity, sustainable energy, ageing population… VITO’s research agenda focuses on the major societal challenges we are facing today. The fields of expertise of VITO initiate a societal transition. That is why VITO combines sustainability and transition throughout its research programs, and is committed to maximize the valorization of VITO’s research results.