- Type:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
The Energy Access Review is a quartely publication issued by EED Advisory on energy and climate change
Inside this issue topics covered include
- How Water Utilities in Kenya can adapt to the effects of Climate Change
- The future of electricity utilities in East Africa
- A snapshot of electricity supply data collected from ESMI
- Energy Access News Highlights
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerCountry of registration:CanadaRelation to CTCN:Network MemberKnowledge Partner
Viresco Solutions is a consulting firm based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Its core business is greenhouse gas offset policy development and implementation, greenhouse gas emissions quantification, sustainable supply chain development, environmental offset methodology development, and providing technical assistance to others undertaking carbon offset project development. Its clients include industry and non-governmental associations, large private sector companies, and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Type:PublicationPublication date:
This report provides an overview of and reflections by the core DNV GL team on the work undertaken as part of the multi-year strategic partnership between DNV GL and the CTCN. It provides lessons learned by the team and recommendations and ideas for future consideration by the CTCN going forward.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:FinlandRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
Solved is a cleantech advisory service and collaboration platform. Solved tackles the world's environmental challenges, and lets you easily cooperate with the best cleantech experts. Solved brings together the leading experts, environmental challenges and new ways of working in order to co-create appealing solutions.
- Type:OrganisationKnowledge partnerRelation to CTCN:Knowledge PartnerSector(s) of expertise:
The Women and Gender Constituency (WGC) is one of the nine stakeholder groups of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). Established in 2009, the WGC now consists of 27 women’s and environmental civil society organizations, who are working to ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights prioritized in the fight against climate change.
South–South cooperation and triangular cooperation on technologies for adaptation in the water and agriculture sectorsType:PublicationPublication date:Objective:
Adapting water management and agricultural practices to climate variability is essential and requires integrated responses. This brief explores how countries can harness south-south and triangular cooperation for accelerating the exchange of adaptation technologies, knowledge and practices in the water and agriculture sectors. It also highlights challenges, best practices, lessons learned, and the roles of stakeholders in replicating and transferring such technologies.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:GermanyRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht-Zentrum für Material-und Küstenforschung GmbH (HZG) is one of 18 members of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres Germany's largest science organization. One of HZG's scientific organizational entities is the Climate Service Center Germany (GERICS), a think tank for innovations in the field of climate services.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SwitzerlandRelation to CTCN:Network Member
The Institut International de l'Écologie Industrielle et de l'Économie Verte is an establishment of reflection, research and practice of industrial ecology. The Institute has an engineering division and an expertise cluster, which enables the Institute to identify new technologies linked to industrial ecology and to advise through a specific methodology adapted to local contexts. The project managers work on the practical execution of mandates and on the implementation of the industrial ecology with a particular attention to Switzerland and developing countries.
- Type:OrganisationCountry of registration:SpainRelation to CTCN:Network MemberSector(s) of expertise:
GlobalCAD is formed by a group of international experts specialized in fields related to human and sustainable development. They provide technical and strategic advice, research and capacity building to international organizations, governments, NGOs and private sector organizations worldwide.