- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ReviewCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
Technical guidance and support to conduct a technology needs assessment and a technology action plan for ParaguayType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:
Paraguay is a landlocked developing country with a highly dependent economy on the primary sector, which makes it highly vulnerable to the effects of climate change, such as temperature increase, pattern change in rainfall, and intensity and frequency increase of extreme weather events.
Development of a national roadmap for the use of low-temperature geothermal power in thermal conditioning in residential, industrial and commercial sectorsType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:ImplementationCountries:Sectors:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Uruguay's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to reduce emission intensity per unit of GDP by 25% with domestic resources and by 40% with additional means of implementation by 2030.
Design of an ecological response and restoration platform against fires for the Chilean silvo-farming sectorType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
Chile has faced enormous fires affecting its biodiversity, forestry, agriculture and livestock production activities, which a significant part of the population depends on. The magnitude of the emergency has highlighted the difficulties of dealing with this type of event as well as the need to collaborate with the agricultural production sector to begin restoration of natural landscapes and their socio-ecological fabric, while building a culture of prevention and improving the capacity to react and respond to similar events.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This technology transfer advances Argentina’s
- Nationally Determined Contribution and its identified adaptation need to intensify and increase early warning systems for intense rains and floods, and to implement structural and non-structural measures to face extreme events.
Application of environmental flows and river basin management framework for the Tebicuary river basinType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Sectors:
This Technology Transfer Advances Paraguay's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to improve the decision-making on the use and management of water resources as a result of two key methodological tools: i) methodology for determining environmental flows; and ii) methodology for formulating plans for the use and management of water resources via drainage basins