To support countries in achieving the objectives established in their NDCs through the identification of priority areas of intervention, the most appropriate technologies for mitigation and adaptation to climate change, and the concrete programmes and project initiatives to be implemented in order to address the climate change challenges at both, country and regional level focusing on those that can be submitted to the Green Climate Fund.
- To verify priorities at national and regional level through the analysis of NDCs and other CC strategies, policies, etc.
- To identify the most appropriate technologies to work in prioritized areas.
- To identify opportunities, barriers and key actors to implement identified technologies.
- To draft concepts of specific programmes and projects at both country and regional level to be implemented in order to address climate changes challenges and submitted to the Green Climate Fund for financing.
- To identify technical support and funding needs for the implementation and scale-up of the most relevant technologies