18:00-19:30, COP23, EU Pavilion
Developing countries are challenged by their capacity to access international financing for implementing climate technology priorities.
This side event provides insights on how the CTCN, with its collaborating partners, have supported developing countries through capacity building to enhance skills of national stakeholders to generate investable projects from their identified technology needs.
During the side event, countries will give examples based on their experience from this project preparation facility.
Speakers and panellists:
- Jukka Uosukainen, Director, Climate Technology Centre and Network
- Karsten Krause, European Commission
- Sara Traerup, Senior researcher, UNEP DTU Partnership
- Elisha Moyo, Nationally Designated Entity (NDE), Ministry of Water Resources Development and Climate, Zimbabwe
- Janelle Leitch, Guyana (tbc)
- Nedal Katbeh Bader, NDE, Ministry of Environmental Affairs, Palestine
- Birama Diarra, NDE, Meteorological Agency, Mali
Moderator: Mark Radka, Branch Chief, Energy and Climate Branch, Economy Division, UN Environment