United Children Integrated Development Action Uganda (UNCIDA) is a not-for-profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2008 and incorporated as a company limited by guarantee without Share Capital; UNCIDA works to address the root causes of poverty, injustice and discrimination with a particular focus on programs that contribute to the strengthening of local, protective environments and improved social transformation and well-being in the lives of children and their families through innovative Partnerships and by Strengthening the Voice of the poor, Marginalized and the most vulnerable in rural and urban areas of Western Uganda. We implement high impact and quality Seven thematic areas of:-Sustainable Livelihoods and Food security (SLFS); Renewable Energy and Climate Change (RECC); Health and Nutrition (HN); Education (E); Child Protection and Child Rights Governance (CPCRG); Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding (CRP); Child Policy Research and Documentation (CPRD) in development cooperation through our major Activities such as:-
(1) Awareness-Raising:-We raise community awareness and enlightenment in our program areas in order to increase knowledge, civic competency, and community responsiveness.
(2) Systems strengthening:-We build the capacity of community social structures at all levels of society to increase their responsiveness and effectiveness in addressing the economic and social rights of the community.
(3) Advocacy:-We facilitate effective and participatory advocacy & community activism in order to increase demand and accountability for social services
(4) Research & Policy Analysis: We design and conduct participatory community assessments, research, and evaluations pertaining to our programs, identify policy gaps and inform policy development.
(5) Partnership Development:-We promote partnership development with relevant government sectors, ministries, and other development actors in strengthening effective, coordinated implementation and support in its program areas.