Knowledge partners support CTCN’s mandate to foster collaboration and access to information and knowledge in order to accelerate climate technology transfer. Through its knowledge partner network, the CTCN generates, manages and shares knowledge, experience and good practices at the national, regional and global level, taking into account traditional knowledge and practices. Knowledge partners include Consortium partners, Network members, UN agencies, academic institutions, non-governmental organizations, private sector and other reliable sources of climate technology information.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:RussiaNCPC-Russia aims to promote technology transfer and disseminate approaches and practices of national and international institutions within Russia; and to support implementation of UNIDO projects and ensure subsequent sustainability of achieved results.The scope of activities of Russia NCPC include: capacity building, technologies development and transfer, knowledge sharing and awareness raising, educational programmes for experts and civil society, policy advisory services and tailored solutions for private sector in terms of industrial resource and energy efficiency increase.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:India
National Council for Climate Change Sustainable Development and Public Leadership (NCCSD) acts as an apex organization at the national level disseminating information and technology that will enable appropriate action and suggest policy frameworks to tackle impacts of global warming and climate change. NCCSD consolidates existing learning into a well-structured body of knowledge that can communicate suitable adaptation practices in order to strengthen locally relevant action for sustainable development.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:United States
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), located in Golden, Colorado, is the United States' primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development. The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is a government-owned, contractor-operated facility, and is funded through the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:Germany
NewClimate Institute is a limited liability non-profit company (GmbH) established in 2014. NewClimate Institute supports research and implementation of action against climate change around the globe. NewClimate Institute generates and shares knowledge on international climate negotiations, tracking climate action, climate and development, climate finance and carbon market mechanisms. NewClimate Institute connects up-to-date research with the real world decision making processes, making it possible to increase ambition in acting against climate change and contribute to finding sustainable and equitable solutions.
- Climate Action Tracker provides regularly updated information on countries’ emission reduction policies. It reflects the latest status of the progress being made at international climate negotiations on mitigation commitments.
- The Climate Policy Database collects information on currently implemented policies related to climate change mitigation from countries worldwide. The objective of the portal is to provide an open, collaborative platform for quick information access, policy analysis and good-practice sharing.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:India
NTPC is largest power utility in India with an installed capacity of 51,410 MW, plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032. NTPC has comprehensive Rehabilitation & Resettlement and CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility) policies well integrated with its core business of setting up power projects and generating electricity. The company is committed to generating reliable power at competitive prices in a sustainable manner by optimising the use of multiple energy sources with innovative eco-friendly technologies. NTPC recognized the potential of cutting edge technology in further improving its services and efficiency. The company is fully aligned to the needs of adapting to emerging technologies and upgrading the technologies through research and development. The company is particularly sensitive to Research & Development and the paradigm shift which it can make. NETRA (NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance) set up in 2009 is the outcome of this vision. Its core areas of research are: climate change, waste management, carbon capture and Utilization, new & renewable energy, efficiency improvement and cost reduction besides providing scientific support to NTPC and external utilities for improving availability, reliability and efficiency.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:Japan
The Overseas Environmental Cooperation Center, Japan (OECC) is a non-governmental organization supported by the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, promoting international cooperation activities related to climate change, global environment conservation, research, capacity building, and support to various non-government related activities.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:Netherlands
Partners for Innovation (PfI) is a consultancy firm specialized in initiating, preparing, supporting and implementing projects and programs in the fields of climate change & renewable energy, profitable & responsible biomass, agroforestry, farmer entrepreneurship and sustainable product development. PfI works throughout Europe and Africa, and has offices in Amsterdam (NL) and Niamey (Niger).
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:
In May 2010, during the framework of the Petersberg Climate Dialogue, South Africa, the Republic of Korea and Germany launched the Partnership on Transparency in the Paris Agreement (formerly: International Partnership on Mitigation and MRV). Their aim: to promote ambitious climate action through policy dialogue and practitioner-based exchanges. Following the entry into force of the Paris Agreement 2016, the Partnership focused on its implementation, and particularly on the rollout of the enhanced transparency framework. The Partnership is not a formal alliance but is open to new countries.
- Knowledge partnerCountry of registration:Spain
Perspectives Climate Change offers high quality, comprehensive and tailor-made solutions for international climate policy and carbon market activities. Perspectives Climate Change consults the private sector as well as governments and non-governmental organisations, and seeks to maximize economic opportunities within the existing climate policy system, contributing to the enhancement of the international climate regime.
- Country of registration:
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) are working in partnership, with co-funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF), to accelerate the adoption, deployment, and investment in environmentally sound technologies in Asia and the Pacific.
The climate technology network secretariat, based in the Asia & the Pacific Office of UN Environment in Bangkok, works with national climate change technology focal points (NDEs of the Climate Technology Centre and Network) to support countries in scaling up the transfer of technologies for enabling implementation of pre-2020 actions and NDCs. The secretariat has a three-pronged approach:
- Creating and strengthening national institutional arrangements to facilitate climate technology transfer
- Knowledge and information sharing between established technology institutions and partner countries via a web-platform and e-newsletter to facilitate access to expert knowledge, news on emerging technologies, best practices, trainings, and private sector information
- Working with partner country focal points to identify priority areas and design and develop programmes based on policy and legal frameworks required to facilitate technology use and NDC implementation, as well as financing incentives and mechanisms to promote the use of technology
For more information see the project page at UN Environment.