The Asian Institute of Technology, founded in 1959, is an international institution for higher education located in Khlong Luang, Thailand. It specializes in engineering, advanced technologies, and management and planning.
Asian Institute of Technology
- Type:WebinarDate and time:Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - Wednesday, February 25, 2015 Europe/ParisOrganiser:
This webinar covers issues faced by cities for both climate change mitigation and adaptation, particularly focusing on the technological interventions that cities can adopt to combat and build resilience to climate change.
Developing policy framework and business model to promote sustainable use of biomass briquettes in NepalType:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Objective:Sectors:Cross-sectoral enabler:
This Technology Transfer Advances Nepal's
- Nationally Determined Contribution to "maintain 40% of the total area of the country under forest cover and increase forest productivity and products through sustainable management of forests", and to contribute to the global efforts of reducing GHGs emissions and helping life and life-support systems to adapt and build resilience to climate change impacts.
- Type:Technical AssistanceDate of submission:Phase:CompletedCountries:Objective:Approach:
This Technology Transfer Advances Bhutan's
- Nationally Determined Contribution and the needs recognized therein to "enhance climate information services for vulnerability and adaptation assessment and planning" and "develop a monitoring, assessment, and warning systems for flash flood and landslide hazards and risks"
- Type:EventDate:Wednesday, October 10, 2018 - Friday, October 12, 2018 Europe/CopenhagenCountry:Timor-Leste
CTCN organised a 3-days incubator consultation workshop 10-12 October 2018 in Díli, Timor Leste to support Timor Leste in reaching their Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) adaptation and mitigation targets through the deployment of climate technologies. The consultations were facilitated by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
Cellulosic ethanol is an alcohol produced from the feedstock available in wide variety of plant materials and agricultural residues. Although chemically identical with the first generation bioethanol, it differs in the use of raw material. Hence cellulosic ethanol differs from the conventional ethanol in its use of feedstock and the process implied at the different stages of production.