30 January 2020
4:00 p.m. Brussels | 3:00 p.m. London | 2:00 p.m. Praia | 10:00 a.m. Washington | 8:00 a.m. Denver
Register now at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5055493296136870924.
The Clean Energy Solutions Center, in partnership with the Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET), will host this webinar as the third in a six-part webinar series on Gender Equality for a More Rapid and Inclusive Energy Transition. This webinar will spotlight policies and regulations designed to catalyse gender equality in the clean energy sector and will focus on Africa and Latin America.
Presentations will highlight:
- The ECOWAS Policy for Gender Mainstreaming in Energy Access and the regional Directive on Gender Assessments in Energy Projects
- Legal frameworks for policies and regulations
- Building Gender Equity into Nigeria’s National Rural Electrification Programs
- Global analysis of energy policies and gender mainstreaming
- Gender audits as a methodology for mainstreaming gender in energy policy.
The presentations will be followed by an interactive question and answer session with the audience.
- Joy Clancy, University of Twene
- Jennye Greene, Sustainable Energy Solutions
- Monica Maduekwe, ECOWAS Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE)
- Ana Rojas, Nedworc Foundation
- Samuel Saunders, Sullivan and Cromwell LLP
The Clean Energy Solutions Center and Global Women’s Network for the Energy transition will provide a certificate of completion for any participant who completes all six offerings of this webinar series. Contact the organizers for more information.
The Clean Energy Solutions Center helps governments, advisors and analysts create policies and programs that advance the deployment of clean energy technologies. The Solutions Center is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM), a global forum to share best practices and promote policies and programs that encourage and facilitate the transition to a global clean energy economy.
GWNET aims to advance the global energy transition by connecting and empowering women working in sustainable energy in all parts of the world through interdisciplinary networking, advocacy, training, coaching and mentoring. It is a non-profit membership organization with more than 800 members in over 88 countries.