The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), a Consortium Partner of the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), is seeking a national consultant from Malawi to support the implementation of the CTCN Incubator Programme, conducted by CSIR in the country. The deadline for applications is Wednesday,12 September, 2018.
Malawi has great potential for using solar PV technologies as most places receive as much as 3,000 hours of sunlight per year. The technology road map will constitute the basis for the deployment of the technology through identifying precise objectives, concrete activities to undertake, time-specific milestones and targets. The roadmap will be developed by the consultant, with support from national stakeholders. The map is expected to serve as a tool to assess feasibility, develop business and financial models for the wide scale development and user of solar PV in the country, and prepare for investment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Service providers/consultant with resources of a Master’s degree in engineering, economics, public policy, or related disciplines. Ph.D. is preferred.
• Service providers/consultant with 10 to 15 years’ experience focused on regulatory incentives, subsidies, tariffs, and licensing focused on solar PV (both grid scale and distributed PV); installation and interconnection standards, as well as conducting variable renewable energy grid integration studies, and other technical issues related to solar PV.
• Experience conducting research/training in the proposed topics.
• Strong writing and drafting skills.
• Service providers/consultant resources with excellent spoken and written English language skills required.
As part of its capacity building services, the CTCN created the Incubator Programme to support Least Developed Countries (LDCs) to strengthen institutional capacities and identify technology priorities to achieve adaptation and mitigation targets, with support from international technology experts. The Incubator Programme helps LDCs bring together key national stakeholders around the National Designated Entities to identify and prioritise specific technology actions for NDC implementation through the development of a technology roadmap.
Instructions on how to apply can be found on CSIR website: https://www.csir.co.za/tenders