The UNFCCC Technology Executive Committee (TEC) and the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) invite you to a side event at SB56 on Thursday, 9 June 2022 from 18:30 - 20:00, Kaminzimmer, World Conference Center, Bonn.
The event will also be live-streamed here
The TEC and the CTCN collaborated to produce a joint publication on the role of technology for NDC implementation, which revealed that countries recognize the importance of technology in implementing adaptation and mitigation actions in order to reach the goals of the Paris Agreement. It also highlights a number of recommendations on how to further stimulate the uptake of climate technologies to accelerate Parties’ efforts toward achieving their NDC targets, including:
- Catalyzing the development and use of action-oriented technology roadmaps in line with NDC targets and the goals of the Paris Agreement;
- Creating enabling environments for increased uptake of technologies, including through effective stakeholder engagement and innovative financing approaches;
- Enhancing capacities of technology stakeholders;
- Creating success stories that demonstrate local economic and social benefits achieved through the increased uptake of technologies; and
- Fostering inclusive, participatory, and equitable processes and approaches.
In view of the next submissions of updated NDCs, this side event will discuss how to further mainstream technology in NDCs and stimulate support for and uptake of climate technologies to contribute to more ambitious NDCs.
The objectives are to raise awareness of the role of technology in NDCs, and promote the exchange of views among stakeholders involved in developing NDCs to identify ways to further integrate technology considerations.