The Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN) is looking for a Climate Technology Manager (LAC Region).
Deadline for applications: 22 April 2020
Duty station: Mexico
Project management and administration:
- Provides technical and strategic assistance for the CTCN activities, including planning, monitoring, and external relations, and ensuring quality control of the support services and activities.
- Identifies opportunities for offering targeted support for low carbon technology transfer actions.
- Provides hands-on support to developing countries in the areas of CTC technology request design, management and planning, implementation, information management, monitoring, and impact assessment, through direct contact and communications with Nationally Designated Entities (NDEs).
- Conducts a preliminary appraisal of the CTCN requests for technical assistance received from NDEs, taking into account the CTCN scope and the prioritization criteria approved by the Advisory Board.
- Refines requests in close consultation with NDEs, request clarification and any needed additional information from NDEs.
- Identifies suitable experts/organizations (including consortium partners and network members) to respond to country requests and support developing countries on technology transfer for low carbon and climate resilient development.
- Works with NDEs and other host country institutions, as well as with a team of experts to develop response plans and relevant Terms of Reference (ToRs).
- Coordinates the necessary procurement process and related contractual arrangements in order to set up the quick response assistance and/or the response projects.
- Coordinates the work of consultants, partners and sub-contractors, review intermediary outputs, documents and reports, ensure the timely delivery of expected outputs, and effective synergy among the various sub-contracted activities.
- Monitors the timely delivery of high quality responses from solicitation of appropriate services from consortium partners and Network members.
- Captures and ensures the dissemination of lessons learned and results achieved, linking with the CTCN Knowledge Management System, and reporting requirements.
- Contributes to communication efforts related to the technical assistance delivered by the CTCN by providing specific inputs.
- Ensures that individual projects are managed through the project cycle including Monitoring and Evaluation Tools (M&E), secure additional technical oversight where necessary.
- Contributes to further develop and streamline procedures to deal with CTCN requests for technical assistance.
- Contributes to the reporting requirements on CTCN activities, including substantive achievements and financial performance.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding through programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, and financial statements and prepare related documents/reports.
- Perform other relevant assignments that may be assigned from time to time.
Advanced university degree in engineering, technology, environmental science, external relations, or related area.
For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English and Spanish is required.
Field of Expertise
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in environment, engineering, technology, international development, climate change or a related field, of which at least five years spent in relevant national or international institutions dealing with climate change adaptation and mitigation issues, technology development, deployment and transfer. Experience within the UN system on climate change and technology transfer and experience in working with governments in developing countries is desirable. Familiarity with modalities, policies and processes practiced by international agencies, financing institutions, NGOs, government agencies, and international private sector organizations.